Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Game Help
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
ShadowStorm

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 9:54 am   Post subject: Game Help

In my attached game, I have two problems. The first is that I couldn't get my laser to fire at the same angle as the ship... as in fire towards where the ship is pointed...

the second is that i tried to stop my pics from getting cut off when they rotate.., i tried putting a border but that didn't work (as was recommended in my previous thread)

help!! Question Confused Shocked Confused

Game.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Game.zip
 Filesize:  677.2 KB
 Downloaded:  364 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
kythoon

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 3:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

what would happen if you made alot of white background on the picture, so when turned, only it would be cut off
ShadowStorm

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 12:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

^^^^

can some please help me??? Question Question
ShadowStorm

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 2:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

IS ANYONE GOING TO HELP ME!!>>!?!??! I NEED THIS URGENTLY!!?!?!?!?

Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question
Asok

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 4:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

calm down, caps r not cool, if u're not getting a response then people probably either a) don't know the answer or b) don't want to help you. I believe it's the first one in most cases. None the less bumping your thread is useless if it's still on the first page.
whowho

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 4:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok...i dun get it
who is Na Po
Tony

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 6:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well as for you pictures... I dont see any borders around your images.. go add them... NOW Laughing

as for your ships firing.. I have no idea whats going on there... Basically you should just use the same axis displacement values as your ship to get the direction
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Catalyst

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 11:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

heres the image problem

code:
    Naboo_Fighter (i) := Pic.Rotate (Naboo_Fighter (0), i * 10, Pic.Width (Naboo_Fighter (0)) div 2, Pic.Height (Naboo_Fighter (0)) div 2)

that is the correct code for making the Naboo images, youll have to apply to the others

for the shooting its more complicated, try thinking of the laser as a projectile, it might help (then move it the same way u moved ur ship)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
ShadowStorm

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 9:10 am   Post subject: (No subject)

thanx alot Catalyst Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ShadowStorm

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 9:30 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm still having trouble getting it to shoot in the direction of the front of the ship.... arghh. i'm going nuts Confused Confused
ShadowStorm

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 9:34 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Catalyst, i remember seeing a game you made, the asteroid one, that you posted in the submissions forum... how did you get it to fire in that one...
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 2:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i think that he used his vector class to do that...u might wanna take a look at useful functions in tips forum
Catalyst

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 2:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ya i used a vector class
but it can be done without
just give it coordinates (like a bullet) then move it along using the same formulas u used on the ship (thinking of it as a bullet will also help with collision detection later on)
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 13 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: