Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Random Quote Generator (may be offensive to some)
Index -> Web Design
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
petree08

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:16 am   Post subject: Random Quote Generator (may be offensive to some)

So on the User lounge I posted a link to a program i wrote in Turing that generates a random Success kid caption

I figured it would be better if i could just embed it but i didn't know action script to well,

so i taught myself some actionscript

anyway just a warning some of the quotes are a little vulgar.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
SNIPERDUDE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:33 am   Post subject: RE:Random Quote Generator (may be offensive to some)

Awesome!
(Headshot... Satan demands it)
Turing_Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:50 am   Post subject: RE:Random Quote Generator (may be offensive to some)

It is a lttle intence for my liking.
petree08

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:12 am   Post subject: Re: Random Quote Generator (may be offensive to some)

So, i added a bit to it, added a walk animation and there are more quotes to be generated.

Still offensive though lol

Peatore Says2.swf
 Description:
 Filesize:  6.37 KB
 Viewed:  13267 Time(s)

SNIPERDUDE

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:37 pm   Post subject: RE:Random Quote Generator (may be offensive to some)

The cake is a lie!
USEC_OFFICER

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:27 pm   Post subject: RE:Random Quote Generator (may be offensive to some)

The randomness seems to have increased tenfold.
Insectoid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:21 pm   Post subject: RE:Random Quote Generator (may be offensive to some)

2 for a buck! Condoms are great!

Shoot yourself! Han shot first!

*continues watching to find out if anything else awesomely hilarious comes out of it*
andrew.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:24 pm   Post subject: RE:Random Quote Generator (may be offensive to some)

That is truly amazing! It's definitely funnier than your first one.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
TheGuardian001

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:29 pm   Post subject: Re: Random Quote Generator (may be offensive to some)

I found "Fear the night, Today only" pretty amusing. and sort of ironic.

"Do not want, No means No"
SNIPERDUDE

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:51 pm   Post subject: RE:Random Quote Generator (may be offensive to some)

Saved in on my computer. Just had to.
petree08

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:57 pm   Post subject: RE:Random Quote Generator (may be offensive to some)

A great deal of the outcomes seem to go together too well, I mean I never really thought any of them through, i just started typing in things to do and rationalizations for things regardless of what sense it made in what context. There are some that make no sense though.

do you guys think it would be worth adding more to it?

Oh and I was just wondering what you guys thought of the little walk animation at the start, There was times when I didn't think it looked quite right. It is only a 3 frame cycle but the 8-bit graphics kind of justify that, I just think it still looks a tad off in terms of proportions any thoughts either way on that one would be helpful as I may use this walk cycle for sprites in another project.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:03 am   Post subject: RE:Random Quote Generator (may be offensive to some)

"shoot yourself, in case of fire"
"kill the whales, for justice"
"drink rum, sleep well"
Fun stuff. Smile
petree08

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:09 am   Post subject: RE:Random Quote Generator (may be offensive to some)

"Game over, hope is dead" by far my favorite.
TheGuardian001

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:19 am   Post subject: Re: Random Quote Generator (may be offensive to some)

This is waaaay too much fun considering how simple it is.

"Falcon punch, your shit is weak."

"Deny god of war, Satan demands it."

"Grab your genitals, It feels good man."
Clayton

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:06 am   Post subject: RE:Random Quote Generator (may be offensive to some)

"Fight a bear, me love you long time"

"Drink rum, I told you to."
   Index -> Web Design
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 3  [ 37 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: