Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 help:american flag
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
trinity_matrix

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:43 am   Post subject: help:american flag

here's what I have so far

Draw.FillBox (0,200,215,375,blue)
Draw.FillBox (0,50,600,75,12)
Draw.FillBox (0,100,600,125,12)
Draw.FillBox (0,150,600,175,12)
Draw.FillBox (216,200,600,225,12)
Draw.FillBox (216,250,600,275,12)
Draw.FillBox (216,300,600,325,12)
Draw.FillBox (216,350,600,375,12)
Draw.FillBox (216,400,600,425,12)

How would I draw the 50 stars without doing Draw.FillStar 50 times?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:24 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Confused what is this??

code:

for x:1..10
for y:1..5
Draw.Oval(x*10,y*10,9,9,red)
end for
end for
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
trinity_matrix

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:37 am   Post subject: (No subject)

What?my code is the stripes and box of the american flag I need a code to draw 50 stars without putting Draw.FillStar 50 times the thing u gave me just draws ovals in the bottom left corner
EDEN-E

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:15 am   Post subject: (No subject)

code:
for x : 1 .. 10
    for y : 1 .. 5
        Draw.FillStar (x * 10, y * 10, x * 10 + 8, y * 10 + 8, red)
    end for
end for
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

*Slaps trinity_matrix with a large trout for acting stupid

Laughing You can easily replace ovals with stars, and I'm not going to sit here and calculate pixel location of the loops to match your existing lines Rolling Eyes It was just an example to help you understand how you can use forloops to draw your star pattern...
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
trinity_matrix

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:13 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ok seriously u a really rude i don't deserve that u shouldn't even be an administrator .I just started using turing April 15th so I don't know this crap
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:53 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Laughing I'm sorry Smile Its just that sometimes I come across some kids who are really ignorant and don't even try to understand anything Rolling Eyes

I thought that you should have figured it out to replace ovals with stars and move them all by a constant amount to align with the flag...

Btw - who starts learning turing in the middle of April Confused there's like a month of school left Laughing
trinity_matrix

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm sorry for over reacting but yeah i'm not doing it with school i'm doing it for fun
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
McKenzie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hey trin,

When you are new to a site and you offend someone there are two possibilities:
1. You are out of line
2. The other guy was out of line.
Don't be too quick to assume #2, Tony has loads of respect around here, caling him rude does not diminish his respect, it diminishes yours. Tony is spending his time to help you, he deserves your resect, he was after all just being silly.
trinity_matrix

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:06 am   Post subject: (No subject)

McKenzie wrote:
Hey trin,

When you are new to a site and you offend someone there are two possibilities:
1. You are out of line
2. The other guy was out of line.
Don't be too quick to assume #2, Tony has loads of respect around here, caling him rude does not diminish his respect, it diminishes yours. Tony is spending his time to help you, he deserves your resect, he was after all just being silly.

I pick #2 us new people don't know what he's like he's got to go easy especially on the internet it's hard to know when sum1 is being mean or silly and I don't care if i lose respect u guys don't know me in real life\
thanx EDEN-E
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well the hole slaping some one with a large trout thing gose back to mirc and has almost all ways been used in a silly maner.

any how sory if we do come off as being mean, but if u look around we have been geting alot of "newbes" that are asking for crazy sutff like for poleop to do there hw and/or fianl projects.

i am shure tony did not mean anything by it (other then is love the the trout line) so wellcom to compsci.ca and we hope that u will enjoy your time here Wink

P.S. one tip when on any fourm or chat room like thing, never yell at the admins, lol. even if they are being assholes it is not a good idea fighting with some one in there own domain, they will all ways get the last word and can ban u, lol. but we whould not do that here Angel
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
maliya1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:25 am   Post subject: Re: help:american flag

Hi Guys,
Certainly, If you need help with the American flag, ensure you're displaying it respectfully. Hang it vertically with the union (blue section with stars) to the observer's left. When displayed horizontally, the union should be in the top left corner. If raising and lowering the flag, do it briskly and ceremoniously. Avoid letting it touch the ground. During the evening, illuminate it or take it down. Remember, proper handling honors the symbol and its significance. If you have specific questions, feel free to ask for more guidance.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 12 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: