Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Download Turing
Index -> Network News
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:37 am   Post subject: Download Turing

Since holtsoft has gone under and since they made Turing, RTP and serveral books free before they did we blive that giving out copys of Turing, RTP and the books they made free should fall under fair use if used for noncomerical propposes or at the very least not get us sued. As such we have made a page where you can download some of the holtsoft downloads:

http://compsci.ca/holtsoft/

There is also now a link at the top of the site.

We are still missing some of the versions of Turing and RTP (we would like to mirror all of them), so if you have a version that is not shown let us know or e-mail it to dan@compsci.ca and we can host that too.

P.S. If you are from HoltSoft and do not addgree with this and would like us to take the downloads down, contact tony or i asap and we will do so.

Update: Added RTP 1.7 with java 1.4.2
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
SJ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:16 pm   Post subject: RE:Download Turing

wohoo! thank you so much! much <3 =D
Mackie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:01 pm   Post subject: RE:Download Turing

I believe I have an older version at school, I'll ask around.

So, have you tried calling Holtsoft? I meant to but, never got around to it.
md

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:11 pm   Post subject: RE:Download Turing

IIRC dan has tried getting ahold of them many different ways and not gotten any replies.
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:44 pm   Post subject: RE:Download Turing

I have asked Dr. Holt about mirroing there downloads and got no reply about that issues speficly. Communcations with them is spoty at best as Dr. Holt has moved on from HoltSoftware (and u of t as well) and has better things to do and there realy is no one left at HoltSoft to talk to.

Some of the eraly comunicatons lead to them posting turing, RTP and some of the books for free on there website as well as getting them to think about open sorcing it (tho that never happend) as well as conrimation that they where out of business.

I also have not got any real feed back on some of the bugs that where reported in the last version of turing other then that they whould look in to it (tho i think thats not going to happen now).

As i side in my first post and the page where the downloads are, we will gladly take them down if they complain tho i don't think they have any grounds to sue on as they would need to prove damages.

Also i don't want you (mackie) or any one to steal copys of truing or RTP from there school, just send me a copy if you happen to have one in your personal postion threw some means i will not ask about Wink
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Mackie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:02 pm   Post subject: RE:Download Turing

No need to worry, I haven't pirated anything in like 4 years. I gave up that life...
BinaryBot

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:26 am   Post subject: Re: Download Turing

Dan, at the link you provided: http://compsci.ca/holtsoft/

I notice that your Turing v4.1.1.zip and v4.1.1a.zip are bitwise identical.
Different names, but EXACT same zip file. Both of these files correspond
exactly to the Turing v4.1.1 that was last posted on Holt Software's site
(and can't compile to a working .exe).

Next step for me is to try v4.1 from your download site, as I'm looking for
the most recent version that still compiles properly, but I just wanted to
check with you that the 4.1.1a file you posted is indeed the correct one
and not a mistakenly renamed 4.1.1?

Thanks.
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:19 am   Post subject: Re: Download Turing

BinaryBot @ 15th April 2008, 9:26 am wrote:
Dan, at the link you provided: http://compsci.ca/holtsoft/
I notice that your Turing v4.1.1.zip and v4.1.1a.zip are bitwise identical.
Different names, but EXACT same zip file. Both of these files correspond
exactly to the Turing v4.1.1 that was last posted on Holt Software's site
(and can't compile to a working .exe).

This is how holt soft persented the versions, they also did the renameing but no real change. Neither version could ever complie (4.1.1a, 4.1.1). If i rember right this problem might also be in 4.1.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
StealthArcher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:58 pm   Post subject: RE:Download Turing

No, 4.1.0 compiles, I'm quite certain, just ask my 43 exe files. >_>
Sean

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:03 pm   Post subject: Re: Download Turing

4.1 does compile, it is under one of the headings as Create Standalone, I believe.
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:10 pm   Post subject: RE:Download Turing

My bad then, it is hard to keep track of witch of the 4.x ones complie and witch do not. 4.1.1 and 4.1.1a where not the first 4.x to not complie.
richcash

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:56 pm   Post subject: RE:Download Turing

I think holtsoft.com is back up, although I haven't tried to download anything.
Mackie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:41 pm   Post subject: RE:Download Turing

O.o Oh wow. It is up. Whats that about? o.O
Sean

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:41 pm   Post subject: RE:Download Turing

I think that they re-opened it due to the demand of downloads for beginner programmers, and teachers. Could be completly wrong.
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:01 pm   Post subject: RE:Download Turing

Very intresting, tho i am not taking the download page down intill they complain.

I will however add the newer RTP version when i get time.
   Index -> Network News
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 15 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: