Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Full Game of Pacman
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
djordje

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:49 pm   Post subject: Full Game of Pacman

This is a game of pacman i was working on for a grade 10 project in school. You move with the arrow key(you have to hold the arrow key to go in the direction that you want.) There is only one level and if you beat it you get to play it again. The object of the game is to beat my score of about 5 million Razz .

Make sure you set ur screen to at least 1000 by 650 pixels. This game works best on fast computers, cause I wrote it on a fast computer. (Slow ones can mess up the AI)

And one more thing, sry for posting another pacman Razz

Pacman.zip
 Description:
Contains two files and both have to be in same directory.

Download
 Filename:  Pacman.zip
 Filesize:  352.75 KB
 Downloaded:  7665 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
MichaelM

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:58 pm   Post subject: Re: Full Game of Pacman

Neutral Hmm, I got some kind of runtime error when I loaded it...
DifinityRJ

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:08 pm   Post subject: Re: Full Game of Pacman

They go 100 mph, i can't get away from them. This is not how pacman is, the enemy is the same speed as you or lower. But besides that, its an amazing game. The speed is a problem for me , might just be my computer.

Anyways.

Excellent job. Razz
djordje

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:54 pm   Post subject: Re: Full Game of Pacman

donno why there is run time error, might be caused because u didnt put highscores.txt in same directory, as for the 100mph make sure u pick the first option to start the game with a fast computer, my computer is pretty highend and it doesnt go too fast for me with the first option. As for the speed of the ghosts it is the same as pacman's but because of the way i made the game, sot of a glich, whenever they go over corner the come closer and closer to pacman. Use the red food to kill the ghosts or find out gliches with the AI, other than that stay away from the ghosts if u can.
DifinityRJ

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:21 pm   Post subject: Re: Full Game of Pacman

I am aware of the options, i went to the easy computer one, and they were catching me really easily, don't remember pac-man being so hard, but then again it is your remake, so forget it.

Btw. I like the intro thing, nice job
DIIST

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:19 am   Post subject: Re: Full Game of Pacman

Too fast. You need to slow the game down. As for your slow computer and fast computer menu option, remove it. Add a frame rate counter instead and create a constant frame rate. Other than that, the intro was good. The general feel of the game was good. But like everyone said: Packman shouldnt be this hard. Make it easier. Wink
CodeMonkey2000

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:28 am   Post subject: RE:Full Game of Pacman

What? the game is perfect speed for me...
DIIST

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:36 am   Post subject: Re: RE:Full Game of Pacman

CodeMonkey2000 @ Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:28 am wrote:
What? the game is perfect speed for me...
I'm running Ubuntu Beryl on a p3 with a windows emulator running turing, and its heck fast for me. Laughing
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
CodeMonkey2000

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:18 pm   Post subject: RE:Full Game of Pacman

Your windows emulator uses VC++?
DIIST

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:50 pm   Post subject: Re: Full Game of Pacman

Not really sure, but to the point. Its a bit fast. Plus like someone pointed out that the ghost are faster than you are. This make the game unpredictable hard. I have to wait till the AI glitches ur somthin before i can actually move and do something. Most of the time I'm hiding at some corner just to stay alive. Laughing
rdrake

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:38 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Full Game of Pacman

CodeMonkey2000 @ Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:18 pm wrote:
Your windows emulator uses VC++?
Chances are he's using Wine, an application that maps Win32 API calls to Linux ones. This lets you run many Windows applications on Linux without modification.
djordje

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:05 pm   Post subject: Re: Full Game of Pacman

As I said before the ghosts are not faster than pacman, they go the same speed, but when they turn corners they are sorta pushed further into you.

As for the speed I really dont know why you are getting massive speeds, I get smooth speeds with my computer, but then again I dont run a windows emulator. Ill remember to put a an option to choose speed. (The reason I didn't for this one is because if you choose wrong speed, everything gets messed up, i think it gets messed up if it isn't a multiple of five, I cant remember why this happens but I was gana fix it but ran out of time, now I just dont feel like it cause I already handed it in an get perfect.

I tried the game with lower movement speed, but it get choppy, just how fast is the game for you? Can you give description of how fast it is on your computer?

Edit: I used Time.DelaySinceLast and set the game to 30 fps, on the first option, so this should be the fps limiter unless I mistook what the turing documentation thing says.
ashiphire

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:12 am   Post subject: RE:Full Game of Pacman

that is a very good game
petree08

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:08 am   Post subject: RE:Full Game of Pacman

Yeah I agree it runs fast
but it was cool any way
petree08

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:50 am   Post subject: RE:Full Game of Pacman

wow why do they get stuck in corners?

Far too fast
intro looks knda cool
nice attempt any way
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 24 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: