Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Better "get <var>" function?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Atherial

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:07 pm   Post subject: Better "get <var>" function?

What is it you are trying to achieve?
I am trying to find a better equivalent to assign a variable to a users input. I have been using get num for example, and getch, but I cant seem to find a good way to do it. I want the user to be able to type numbers in, backspace if they get it wrong, and press enter to confirm, with the text appearing on screen, and deleting when backspacing. If this is possible please let me know!

Thank you!
-Mac
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Atherial

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:13 am   Post subject: Re: Better "get <var>" function?

Bumping, Does anyone know any detailed tutorials to text fields? Preferably with GUI's- But as detailed as possible please. Thank you.
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:58 pm   Post subject: RE:Better "get <var>" function?

It's not clear why get doesn't work for you - it does exactly what you describe.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Atherial

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:42 pm   Post subject: Re: Better "get <var>" function?

I was looking for a more stylish way to do so, finished with using GUI Text fields!
Sorry! Next time I will be more specific!
Thanks for the reply!
*SOLVED*
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: