Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Text area with certain height and width (without GUI?)
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
mooki3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:48 pm   Post subject: Text area with certain height and width (without GUI?)

What is it you are trying to achieve?
I want to create a text area at a specific location with specific dimensions. If the text goes beyond the amount of space given, it will simply scroll down. I'm planning to put a set of questions inside, so there will be some coding (I don't want the text to show up, I want what I actually coded)

What is the problem you are having?
Is it possible to do this without GUI?

Describe what you have tried to solve this problem
I've tried GUI, but it will only show the text, not the actual program I've written. If it happens that GUI can execute the program, it would be helpful to know how!

Turing:

there's no code.

Please specify what version of Turing you are using
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Raknarg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:55 pm   Post subject: RE:Text area with certain height and width (without GUI?)

I think what you're looking for is the font module. Look it up. Basically you call a variable to a new font and use that in Font.Draw
mooki3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:10 pm   Post subject: Re: Text area with certain height and width (without GUI?)

Ermm, I don't think I need Font.Draw. I want to make a textbox where I can put my program inside (Not the actual text, I want what the program is supposed to do)
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:45 pm   Post subject: RE:Text area with certain height and width (without GUI?)

a window in text mode? View.Set
code:

View.Set ("text")
for value : 1 .. 200
   put value : 3, "   ", sqrt (value)
end for

If you want to stay in graphics mode, then you can use locate to move your puts around.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: