Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 3d Game
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
thuvarrakan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:11 pm   Post subject: 3d Game

Just how do you make a 3d game in Turing? I made 2d games before but where do you start when it comes to a 3d game?Do you start out with three value x,y,z or something. Or is there a way to access programs like directX.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
beard0

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You should ask for help in the - OMG - Turing Help forum. This is for submitting apps.

You don't make a 3d game in Turing. It's just not powerful enough to be effective.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Moved! (There isn't much point in me saying this, except to prevent beard0 from looking like an idiot, which he is not.)

As for making 3D games in Turing, the first step would be to learn how to project 3-Dimensional objects onto a 2-Dimensional plane. That would be found here: http://freespace.virgin.net/hugo.elias/routines/3d_to_2d.htm

Enjoy, and don't hurt yourself with this newfound knowledge. Smile
haseeb

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Import turing into autocad and that will work.
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You can totally make a 3d game in Turing. Search the turing forums for posts by Catalyst.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

And be prepared for one heck of a surprise! Smile He made some nice 2d particle-related stuff too, heck I only saw one a few days ago for the first time - amazing.

Still, if you wish to expand then Turing will make it difficult. But no worries, by that time you will be ready (and willing) to move on to another language.
beard0

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:35 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I know that you can make a 3D game in Turing - it's just going to run extremely slowly as soon as you get into anything remotely complicated.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

[Gandalf] wrote:
Still, if you wish to expand then Turing will make it difficult. But no worries, by that time you will be ready (and willing) to move on to another language.

=
beard0 wrote:
I know that you can make a 3D game in Turing - it's just going to run extremely slowly as soon as you get into anything remotely complicated.

We were simply trying to expand on what you said Smile.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: