Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Annoying Error. Keep shutting down program
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
DarkHelmet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 12:21 pm   Post subject: Annoying Error. Keep shutting down program

I'm in the middle of writing my final project for grade 11 computer sciences. I'm trying to write a monopoly program. When I open turing, it lets me run my program once, but ever time I try to run the program a second time, after making a change or two, An error box appears. The message says:

Error : Some allocated resources were not freed in the debugger. A resource with ID 5019 was not freed. (6077).

It also says that it isn't something that I have done wrong. When the error appears, it forces me click the ok, before i can do anything else in turing. When I click the ok button, it shuts down turing. It also says that there are more details in the panic log, but when I went to check it, it just said the exact same message.

It says it isn't my fault, but I was hoping there is I can do to fix it. If anyone has any suggestions, it would be a big help. Thanks.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 5:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you might have a bugged version. Try upgrading to a newer one.

what the message means is that after running your program, it was not properly shut down (variables not cleared, processes running, etc).

Basically its compilers fault. I strongly recomment upgrading.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
DarkHelmet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 5:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i'll try that. thanx for the help.
DarkHelmet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 7:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The Update Worked perfectly. The program is working properly. Thanks for your help.
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 8:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm glad to hear that everything is ok now Very Happy

Good luck on your project
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: