Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 chess WITH AI
Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> [FP] 2004/2005 Archive
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

how good is the AI
(No ending time set)
amazing
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
good
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
ok
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
too slow
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
looks random!!!
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

alikhan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:04 pm   Post subject: chess WITH AI

is the contest still on? well either case this is what i have so far. incase u dont have java compilers on ure computer u can use the html to run it as well since i made it on an applet
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The AI is alright, but the movement is far too slow. The movement of the pieces shouldn't depend on the "thinking" of the computer. Just add some graphics in there, and maybe a gui Smile.
alikhan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

[Gandalf] wrote:
The AI is alright, but the movement is far too slow. The movement of the pieces shouldn't depend on the "thinking" of the computer. Just add some graphics in there, and maybe a gui Smile.

what do u mean. the movement of the pieces is done by no other way except the thinking of the computer. i sped up the movement abit not too much perhaps from 8 second moves to 5 second moves or less. depends on ure comp. mine takes close to 3 seconds per move
alikhan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i now have graphics but u need to run it from a compiler, it doesent work on html with the graphics. all the bugs have been fixed. though its alot slower, but the moves it makes are now alot smarter. and it actually beats people now. as of now it has a foresight of 4 moves.
Naveg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wow, source code....thanks

was that a mistake? or are you a true believer is OSS Wink
alikhan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dint bother changing it to something unreadable, and its not something worth actualy stealing, and the AI is not the easiest thing to understand if u dont have the skillz to do it ureself, so ure teacher will know u dint do it. and if u do then no point stealing it cuz its not all that many lines.
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:00 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hey ali, i want to see how it works, can you compile it in an exe for me?, thanks.
alikhan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

heres an executable version...u need version 1.5.0 of java and u need to extract the 3d files included in this zip folder into ure java folder.

chess.zip
 Description:
after extracting. further extract the j3d files into ure jre folder in ure java folder

Download
 Filename:  chess.zip
 Filesize:  1.44 MB
 Downloaded:  1046 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Wow... that's pretty dang good, especially with the nice 3D graphics display. But you don't have castling implemented Sad. The AI isn't bad either.

Oh, and if you minimized it, the 3d board doesn't come up anymore...

Overall, great!
alikhan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thx...hehe my partner did the 3D i did the other part...i think i got the easy bit =P
   Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> [FP] 2004/2005 Archive
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: