Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Top 15 Turing commands
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Mark

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 9:40 pm   Post subject: Top 15 Turing commands

Hey everyone, I am about to get Turing, and lol, I need to learn fast. I am not too familiar with the syntax, I know this is a lot to ask, but I want to go into making video games, and does anyone know some commands that I might want to know??? lol you dont have to do 15 unless your really good....

Thanks a lot people Very Happy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 9:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

turing comes with a help file that describes all the commands for you. The most basic commands you can't go anywhere without are:

put
get
var
if
for
loop

thats enough to do most of the stuff... If you want to add some visuals to the program, use
draw.box .oval .whatever

Maybe you should read some introductory tutorials? We got a bunch of them here.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Mark

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 9:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yes yes, things like for and if, i have programmed java before, and i assume they are similar, but what else, what is the equivilent of System.out.println (print line of text to the screen)

or get input, is that get, oh Embarassed

anything else i should research, oh im getting two of the three books on the turing website, the referense manual and the object oriented programming one,

thanks for all your help so far, anyone else have comments?
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 10:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

turing is really straight farward... syntax is simple. And its not really object oriented.

put "text" is used to put text on the screen
get variable will get input from user

8) Good luck with programming, hope to see you around
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sie_Kensou

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 11:58 pm   Post subject: Java experience?

Hmm.. this is kinda funny... I've heard about learning Turing and then moving on to "the next level" with java or c or c++.... but going from java to turing? sounds a little weird. I mean, I am not saying turing sucks or anything (in fact, I love to do small applications in turing since the syntax is very simple and no need for lots 'classes' and 'methods' and importing) but if you want to make a relatively nice game, I think Java is the answer...

my 2 cents, Smile
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: