Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Program to read EXE files?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
poly

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 10:16 pm   Post subject: Program to read EXE files?

Ok let me give u the story. I wrote a a stick wrestling program because my friends gave me the idea to do it. I had it saved it on a disk as the .t file extension. I made a few backup copies at school and well they disappeared somehow and tonight I went to load my program up and the floppy that my game was saved to is corrupted so I have now lost my program, and its due in 5 days. The only copy i have left of its existance is a .EXE that i gave to my friend a week ago. Its an older version of the game, but i can quickly get it upto par. Now my question is what is a program that can convert .EXE files back into .t files so i can edit it?
I really appreciate your guys help on this one, thank you. And kick-ass forum!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Catalyst

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 10:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

no way to do that
ur screwed
poly

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 10:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

your kidding me right? Ahhh sh*t im soo screwed!!!! that would have gotten in the 90% range tooooo
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i think u can decompile it to c++ or assembly language but that aint gonna do u any good =(
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

next time make meany back up copyes. there is almost no way to get the code from the exe and even if you did it whould be in c++ not turing becuse turing compise the code in to c++. it whould be easer to make the proagme agaen then to get your code back that way.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 3:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

try to avoid using floppy disks at all costs... especially never put your only copy on one...
poly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 4:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well i had many copy on floppy's. I dont use floppy's only for this projects because the computers in my class room dont have cdroms so burning a cd is out of the question.
Id like to thanks for ur help guys, even if the most help i got out of it was " Your screwed" lol. Lukely I have some great friends, that behind my back made a copy of it so he could play it at home and he gave me it. phew!
krishon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 4:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

talk bout lucky, lol, u should thank ur friend, he saved ur ass big time
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i always upload my shit to my ftp server or send it to my email...
Blade

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i have multi hard drives!! Very HappyVery Happy its great. oh so great
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hmmm... that gives me an idea.... next time i format my comp i'll add a new drive and put all my htdocs and webdocument in there and then put the whole drive on the net Very Happy
krishon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, sound good Very Happy
poly

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yes i charish my friend now (ha, he's still such a big loser:p)
I was thinking for a backup just emailing the program to myself, but than again, at school we will loose usuage of our accounts if were in hotmail during class, because "these computers are for school purpose only. You have break to socialize and u can socialize at home on ur own computer". Ya that is reasonable though
krishon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

WHAT?!?! u can't go on hotmail and stuff?!?!?, that sux, i just go play games when i'm bored in computers, more speicific i play games when they teach me stuff bout like word etc..cuz its so boring
poly

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

we cant even play games off like newgrounds.com etc. The other day I was playin a game off that site, and my teacher turned my computer off and said I lost my privalige to use the computers for that day. Its a bummer cause we've had 1 month to work on our final project and I was basically done it in 2weeks, cause i did most at home. If anyone is interested in what I did, Ill explain.

My buddy gave me an idea to do something like where there is a stick guy and have guys walk upto u and u kick or punch to defeat them. We'll I took his idea of the stick guy and made a wrestling game like the WWE etc. Its called SFC (Stick-Fighting Championship) its done in Turing 8.blah (u know, the good old dos layout) and u control a stick fighter. a player 2 controls the other guy and u beat the crap out of each other until a guy dies. I originaly had it so there was AI and u could create your own wrestler with a good chain and a pimp hat, but I lost that due to corruption (read first post to revisite history). Ill post the game up here, after friday because thats when the programs due date is because I dont want to take any chances of people coming here and takin it and than next thing u know it I get a 0 because they think its stolen

**i forgot to add, you fight inside a ring
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 16 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: