Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 parallelput problem
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Daso

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 8:50 pm   Post subject: parallelput problem

I'm trying to use the paralellput command in version 3.11 but I keep getting an error saying it has not been declared. I've tried just about everything I can think of but it keeps treating parallelput as an undeclared variable.
Has anyone had any luck with this command?
Please help!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
azndragon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 9:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Maybe it would help if you posted your code right here.
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 10:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it might help to spell the commands right Wink

its

parallelput ( p : int )

not paralellput <- missing "el"

I assume that you're doing some sord of robotics Very Happy Always wanted to try that, just can't find a serial cable to use... If you make something interesting, it'd be really cool if you can take some pictures and post it here.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Daso

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 10:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

sorry about the typo in the original message

I keep trying it with just a simple command like

parallelput (255)

and I keep getting told that parallelput has not been declared.

As for what I'm trying to do, it's not robotic that's a little beyond me, I intend to try powering some lights by using the 5V supplied by the parallel port to switch on a relay.
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 10:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hmm... parallelput doesn't seem to work in 3.1

it doesn't return that error in 4.x but it says that some DLL is not loaded... perhaps thats because there's nothing plugged into my serial port Confused

anyway, try other versions of turing. I've seen someone using it in DOS version, though I was surpriced anyone is still using it.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: