Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Suggestions please!
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Corpy

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 6:38 pm   Post subject: Suggestions please!

Can any body give a suggestion on a callenging, but not to difficult program. I really like turing, but I'm not all that creative, so if someone could give me a suggestion on a game that I should make that would help me out.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 7:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

pong is easy to make... and it's challenging if u are a begginer...
Solo

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 11:08 pm   Post subject: Pong

Pong is a good idea, and if you really wanna impress your teacher and challange yourself, i think a good idea would be to add A.I. to your game.

You will get a good mark with A.I. for sure.. guarenteed, teachers like to see stuff like that.
Martin

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 11:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Make Cubic (4x4x4 tic tac toe)
Tony

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 11:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, pay bugz to sell you his 3D tic-tac-toe code Laughing

pong AI is easy to make. You can just make it follow the ball Laughing

or go back and force randomly... Such as still follow the ball, but have some kind of a random factor or something.

As for ideas... any arcade type game really... Platformers are always good as they have a lot to expand on.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 8:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah, I agree, basicly any game or program that involves some thinking. Like A.I. for a game, or make a puzzle game that requires the player to think. If you really can't think of anything, there is always text RPG Very Happy
krishon

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 9:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, go text rpg's. but beware. text rpg's like my old one take forever to make. u'll definitely get a good mark tho. with mine, since it is our first year of programming i got 110% Very Happy . SO its ur choice, u can have a high mark with rpg's but they take a long time to make. check out my old topic on my games to see the trouble i went through, lol.
Catalyst

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 10:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i never liked text rpgs
i did paint for my final project (somewhere in submissions)
its easy to do and will prob get u a good mark
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
naoki

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 4:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

who wants to be a millionaire

it's mostly text based, the only challenges might be making it pretty, doing the lifelines, and gathering all the questions (or just steal a question book)
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: