Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 don't make fun! im new!
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
onetimeuser

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:29 pm   Post subject: don't make fun! im new!

Hey, i need help with my gr.9 turing assignment. keep in mind I hadn't heard of turing until about a month ago, and i don't know how noobish this
question will sound.

for class we have to make a quick animation. I can't seem to figure out how to make my object(in this case a stickman) move down the screen. I can make him move across the screen, but can't seem to get the object to move down the screen. So if anyone can help me out with this, i would really appreciate it.

thanks!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delos

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

1)
This is Turing Tutorials, not Turing Help. I.e., you've posted in the wrong forum.

2)
Please ask a mod to kindly have your thread moved.

3)
While you're here, look around the tutorials section, you might find some useful ones. Did I say might? You will.

4)
Everyone starts somewhere.
onetimeuser

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ah, sorry, i'll pm a mod, i thought i was in help..
wtd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Don't worry too much about it. It'll get redirected and hopefully your qestion will get answered.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

If you can get him to move across the screen, moving down the screen should be easy. It's the same thing, only you change the y values of the object instead of the x values.
If you are still having trouble, please give more specific details of your problem.
Mr. Glib

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Try subtracting from the y coordinates to move down. For example, to move a box down the screen we could put the draw command inside a little for loop and do the following:

code:
for x: 1..100
  Draw.Box(300,300-i, 400,400-i,7)
  cls
end for
Viper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well i didnt even know there was computer programming in gr.9 and animation in it at that im in gr10 com. prog. and the closest thig to animation was that truck i did and even then the hydralics were my own idea and we never had 2 make it move

and ways....put your stick guy in a procedure the use a for statement or counter(for prefered)to change co-ordinates
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: