Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Anyone know how to make a Long Jump game?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
born130

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 7:17 pm   Post subject: Anyone know how to make a Long Jump game?

My question is does anyone know how to make a Long Jump game with these requirements:

1) press "a" to power up bar for a set period of time.
2) after power bar is set, choose angle, the angle bar goes back and forth and u press a button to set

3) it jumps a certain amount of meters based on the amount of power and the angle

thanks
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Asok

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 8:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

do your own ISP k thx Razz
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 9:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah, I did something like that for my game, where I have to draw a bazooka being fired across the screen.

Projectile_Posx := Projectile_Velocity * cosd (Angle) * Projectile_Time
Projectile_Posy2 := (-1 / 2) * Gravity * Projectile_Time ** 2 + Projectile_Velocity * sind (Angle) * Projectile_Time

this is the formula for figuring out the position of something, as you can see, it is based on the variable of time, so make sure u include something increase the time. try and figure it out yourself, if you really can't get it, i'll send you the code for my bazooka thingie.
beedub

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 10:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lemme quote asok here. Wink
Quote:
please do not ask for someone to do an assignment for you as that's not what we do here.

We will help you but that means you still need to do the bulk of it.

that was his reply after my first post... lol... the funny thing is i dont have assignments... but seriousily dont make us do ur homework
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 10:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah, i should have just posted the concepts here, but it isn't that hard. just think about it and u'll get it.
naoki

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 2:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yah u made a couple of posts along these lines
try 2 experiment b4 u make a topic
Andy

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 7:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hey guys leave him a lone, he just started compsci and he doesn't even take the class, he just wants some help. and jeez Asian_Sensation, quit showing off, or born130'll kick ur butt
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 3:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I wasn't picking on him, Andy, and I don't think I was showing off, I was trying to help, I gave him the equations for the projectile position, I was being nice, it stops him from having to search the net for it.

And how was I suppose to know he didn't take comp sci? If I knew, I would have gave him a detailed help on the game.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 3:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

U know what, maybe I will help him out, born130, just ask me at school in case you need help, since it will obviously take too long for me to type everything up.
naoki

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 4:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

man, is is like a whole school is invading this board or something?

Shocked Mad
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: