Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Can somebody plz tell me how to stop smearing
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
HappyHuis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 2:29 am   Post subject: Can somebody plz tell me how to stop smearing

Ok im using turing 3.11 im trying to make an RPG and i have just been able to move the cursor in all the directions but when i draw it and then i move it down it smears.

I think the cause is PicXor can anyone help me? Crying or Very sad
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 3:14 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Here's Xor definition:

This draws the picture XORing it with the background. In DOS, you can use this function to do animation. Drawing an object on top of itself with XOR erases it and restores the background.

So I guess since you're moving your object, it will not get erased compleatly. I sujest using PicMerge mod for Pic.Drew instead it as it just discards white and makes image transparent.

Then just redraw the whole scene/screen

OR you can try making cursor image borber larger to cover more area an hopefully erase while you move.

Post if that works.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
HappyHuis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 12:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanks you for your help but my friend told me of a much easier way to choose options in the game im making. Your help though was greatly appreciated sorry about bothering you.
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 9:13 pm   Post subject: 3.1.1

if you are doing it in turing 3.1.1 i whode also sugest trying to use sprits. they whode not leave any messe.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 1:16 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hey happyhuis,

wanna share your easier way with us? Its the only way we'll learn Very Happy
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
HappyHuis

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 2:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

my easier way is just to use a case statement for choosing the options it looks worse but im on a deadline so i gotta hurry
krishon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well, if u want to know, there is also another way, although it does require some work. If you have a background, you can sorta draw over the smeared areas. For example if your background is red, i would draw a red box that will cover the smearing, which in turn will make your game look more....lets say...authentic, lol
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: