Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 How do we make sprites more fluent
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
sloppyjoes

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 10:16 am   Post subject: How do we make sprites more fluent

We made bomberman sprites that work, but their actions seem a bit.. spasmatic?!?! .. Just wondering if we could view.update things to make them more fluent or something.. thanx.. Razz Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Embarassed 8) Sad Surprised Laughing Crying or Very sad Wink Arrow
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Prince

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 10:25 am   Post subject: (No subject)

sprites work in turing 4 now Confused
hello

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 12:07 pm   Post subject: help

if u be need help tell me matt or ask andy
u people dont even know how to do movement
until shawn told u
hello
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 1:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Sprites dont work in my turing either =/
Tony

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 1:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

although sprite syntax is supported in v4, it is not yet able to compile to my knowledge.

If you're to use View.Update, dont forget to set your screen mode into View.Set("offscreenonly")
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
sloppyjoes

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 3:05 pm   Post subject: Oh.. I see

version 4.0 allows you to use sprites, but thanx nywayz
Blade

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 7:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i think he's full of it... even tom said they dont work and he's the developer...
Tony

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 7:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

seriosly... do you peple even read my posts?!

Quote:
although sprite syntax is supported in v4, it is not yet able to compile to my knowledge.

yes, if you type in sprite it will make it bold because it recognizes it as a part of syntax... but its not going to work because it is not supported yet
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
lil_li

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 9:35 pm   Post subject: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

oh funny... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing MATT U SO COOCOO, u and Shawn chen are made for each other Wink,
OK... U CANT JUST SAY SPRITES, THESE PPL THINK YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT USING SPRITE FUNCTION, BESIDES JUST ASK ME, I MADE ALL YOUR MOVEMENTS I CAN FIX IT 8) 8) 8)
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 10:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

To the Massey people who think they know everything:

Jeez people, take your arguments somewhere else, for real, you people are shameless, taking your petty squabbles and posting it up on the net, if you have something useful to say, then say it, but if it is useless, then you should just use shut up.

Shawn, don't post unless your going to help.

Hang, take your trash talking somewhere else, for all I know, you suck at computer science, don't brag about something you are not good at.

and Matt, use View.Update after drawing the pictures, I suggest that you have a procedure called drawscreen, and that's the only time you are drawing stuff to screen. This way, there are less chance for you using too many View.Update at the same time, and therefore wont make your game flash. Btw, use View.Set("offscreenonly") at the beginning.

Sorry for the flames people, but these people makes me so mad; as soon as they learn something, they think they are the best in the world.
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 10:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hey that ugly chink is right(joking....) go send yer bullshit somewhere else...this forum is about sprites... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

k... now here's my problem... i have no idea what da hell sprites are could some1 explain it to me?!
Catalyst

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 10:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dont bother with sprites...
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 10:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Sure, no problem, Homer, this ugly chink will answer you, since it is relative to the topic, rite? Sprite is a module used in Turing 3. commands such as Sprite.New were used to create Sprites, or easily moveble animated characters for graphical purposes. Now in Turing 4, sprites are made obsolete. They are still in recognized by Turing, because if you type it, it will be black, like real code, but Turing 4 just cannot compile them. So the only way to draw sprites or make animations is through the use of picMerge and View.Update.

Trust me Homer, you have not known these people, just take a look at some of their posts, they aren't that bright, hell, they are just bunch of people who "think" they could program, so don't try to start with me about bullshit, you don't even know what you are talking about.
Tony

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 10:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ya, AsianSensation got it right... people used to use Sprite module back with turing v3... It is identical to using picMerge mod and View.Update, but this way you program is actually even more efficient (something we must do with slow tuirng) as it doesn't hold your image twice in the memory...

if you dont know sprites, you didn't miss anything...
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 10:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hey no bad feeling dude... in fact yer the bestest chinck i have ever not met =)...
hmmmm... i thought sprites would be something like that... well why not create yer own sprites if the turing one doesn't work i used to do it all the time when i used pascal.... =/
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 15 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: