Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [Poll] CCC scores
Index -> Contests
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, in any case, don't let the CCC get you down. It can definately show that you are a talented programmer, but it doesn't necissarily show that you are not a talented programmer. You can always improve.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
azndragon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Haha, I got the worst around here. Senior, 18. My school was horribly unprepared for the contest, and it blew us all away. Highest score in our school was 31, and he was really struggling with the understanding of each problem. Very discouraging, but you can't be great without messing up a few times Laughing Just wait till next year Wink
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

cut off for CCC stage 2: senior 47
thegoose

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:55 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Sad, isn't it. It used to be 60 a few years back. Or is it that this year's problems are tough. (I think it's because of the tough problems, S4 was a killer)
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

S4 is actually quiet easy -- (before you say anything, no I did not get it either). and 47 means all you have to do is get the first three problem completely right plus a little bit of extra (not hard) to qualify.

S5 can be done by brute forcing... so in short, no i dont think its harder than last years (but certainly more tricky - which may be the problem)

but you gotta face it, there are only about 5-10 high-school programmers capable of handling IOI type problems (this is very different from ordinary software developing). basically, if you do bad in CCC, doesnt mean that you are a bad programmer (although as a programmer you should be at least familar with algorithmic stuff)
thegoose

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:48 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I have been looking at IOI-style problems lately (I'm going there in September). It seem that the problems are on a completely different level of difficulty compared to CCC. IOI problems generally are solved using a combination of 3 or more algorithms while CCC problems seem to be simple one-algorithm exercises in contrast.
The only problems in CCC history (stage 1 only) which looked hard enough for IOI level-practice are probably CCC1999, S5 and CCC 2004, S4 (I don't recall any similar ones being on any other contest).
One more thing, Bugz: do you plan on organizing the CCC in the future like Gordan Chiu or Donny Cheung?
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

richard richard richard, stop showing off... if you really feel the uirge to show off, go to your mom. nobody have gives a damn about what you think.

and you should keep your private conversations in PM or are you too blind to see it (or maybe you just dont understand what PM stands for? you should use it sometimes so that we werent have to spam the good thread for sh*t posts like this.

there is a lot more to life then just IMO and IOI... by the way, John told me what happened at the seminar (sort of), nobody there likes you.
Danyo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:41 am   Post subject: (No subject)

66 Junior
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:48 am   Post subject: (No subject)

bugzpodder wrote:
nobody have gives a damn about what you think..

I can aggere to that, eplsey since being a good progamer is not about memorizing algrimiths that u will only use once in your life and will most like only be on that contest or w/e it is. Being good at progaming is not about knowing your algrithms it is about being able to take the ideas that are in your head and turn them in to realtiy. If you can do that then u are a good progamer, get a high sorce on a contest where it is mostly knowing the alrgmithm or math means nothing to me b/c thos things can be looked up in a few seconds online. Now if u where to go out and make a progame like a game from your imagation and turn it in to a reatly and a new world for others to exprice then i will think of you as a good progamer.

Progaming is not about the languge, syntext, algrimits or math (alougths thos are means to get to your goal) it is about find a problm and using your mind to come up with creative slotions for it and then making them in to code so others can see your ideas in action. Contests like thess seem to me to only test your knogale but not your ability.

I will be honsted, i did not sorce that high on this years CCC. But i do not blive it relfects my abitly to progam anything it may say somting about my knogale memoriz the equations need for 3d math or my abilty to understand what the hell there cryipted questions are trying to ask. I know i am a good progamer b/c i can take any idea i have and make it in to a realty on a computer, it may take time and alot of work but i know i can evualty make it realty and that is what progaming is and that is how u know u are a progamer not when some test or some one eltes says u are.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 6:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

47 Junior =( The monkey problem really pissed me off! Crying or Very sad
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 25 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: