Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Using the Net module...
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Ultimus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:33 am   Post subject: Using the Net module...

Is it possible to use the Net module over the internet using IP? It seems to me that the only thing Net does is connect over LANs (I can't seem to be able to wait for a connection to my actual online ip address... Turing, by default just waits for a connection on my LAN protocol and I can't get by this...). Is this just the way it is or is there some way to use Turing online?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Are you using a firewall or router? thous could stop the packets from geting out of your netwrok and if you are using a router it's ip system could be confusing turing.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
TrAnCeIn4LiFe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

even to get the turing online u need to set up a server where everybody will connect.. it will take u longer to set all that up then just the net connection... :p just a thought
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I asked the same qusetion before and I believe the answer was that it is not possible.. at least I could not get it to work.
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I am prity shure the net comand works over the net. At least for when you are using it as the client. I rember making a turing code to try to log in to msnm and alougth i gave up (b/c msn 6 came out as i was working on it and they chaged some login stuff) i was still able to beging the loging part and get replys back from the msn server.

I could be that there is somting messed up with your verson of turing, a netwrok problem or the way you are coding it. Also i know that in some verson of turing net stoped working when you compile the code to an exe file.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Ultimus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I know it would work as a cliet, using Net.OpenConnection, because there you can specify the port/ip to connect to. However, to use turing as a host, Net.WaitForConnection, by default, just waits for a connection to my LAN address. Thus, If I wanted to wait for an online connection, there is no way I would be able to do it...

*sigh*
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

When i was messing with the net module i noticed that the Net.LocalAddress returns the machine's address on my LAN, which is not recognized exxternally, so if you're on a firewall then there probably isnt a way to do it.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: