Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Goto statement?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Leafs Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 2:39 pm   Post subject: Goto statement?

Is there such as thing as a "goto" statement in turing?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 3:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

try http://www.compsci.ca/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=370
Dan

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 5:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

NOOOOOOOOOOO NOT THE DREADED GOTO!!!!!

do not use goto!!! unless it is just for debuging.

progamers shode flow not jump. there shode be no need for a goto, a loop shode be able to do whatever is need.

fouther more if you use goto stmanets for asments in school there is a good chanse that you will lose marks becuse it is "bad progaming".

P.S. i am not trying to yell at you or any one i just whont to comuitcate that the goto is allmost all ways bad progaming. the only exption to this i have seen is in c for the swich stament wich uses a break but that is not relay a goto but it is jumping not flowing.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Tony

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 5:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

shut up dan, you dont know what you're talking about...

besides, turing doesnt even have a build in goto Sad

as homer stated, go to the link to the loop tutorial. It explains how to use loops to achieve goto effect.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Office of the Registar

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 8:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

is using the goto easier than the looP?
Tony

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 10:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

turing doesnt have goto.

now that we got that cleared, it would be easier to have a goto then set up a bunch of loops with flags. I think I used goto in this year's CCC (with C++), I'd have to post up my answers some time soon Confused
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 7:27 am   Post subject: (No subject)

my pascal teacher always used to tell me not to use goto statement cuz a good program doesn't use goto =/
Tony

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 9:15 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well you tacher is wrong... from what I learned from VB... using a goto for error handling is a very good practice
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 9:38 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well as i side the goto could be used for debuging, but you relay shode not use it, as it is not need and progames shoded flow not jump! i have done 2 cores at nigare clogae and both time one of the 1st things they say is not to use the goto. also may of the c and c++ books i have reaad also call it the dread goto and say dont use it.

basilck all i am saying is that if you are making a progame for school or for sale you shode stay away from goto.

it is a bad habit progames shode flow, aslways flowing never jumping.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Dan

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 9:43 am   Post subject: (No subject)

also this is satring to look at look like this old post, lol

http://www.compsci.ca/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=166&highlight=goto

may be we shode add "post about goto will reelost in masive falming" in the sticky on top of this fourm, lol
void

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 6:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wow dan...i always knew you couldn't spell....but i never imagined you could be this horrible at it...lolz...jokes man....im pretty sure you get enough comments about your spelling abilities.....but honestly should not = shode, opeian not= opinion (or opium.....whichever you were trying to say)....wateva....its jokes to read your entries..their hillarious....and then even more hillarious with tony yelling at you every step of the way...and the occurances of asoks translations for you...real entertaining
Tony

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 6:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hey, its partially the reason why we have soo many people on this forum Wink Its just entertaining to read some of the posts Very Happy
hello

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 6:58 pm   Post subject: hello

are u talking recursion
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 13 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: