Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Delay before Music
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Pickles

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 7:20 pm   Post subject: Delay before Music

When i try to play music, theres a delay before it gets going is this just cause of my cheap computer, or turing. and is there anyway to get rid of this delay?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
guruguru

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 7:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Its not your computer. And I don't believe there is a way to get rid of the delay. Sorry Sad .
Paul

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 8:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I've had the same problem... then I figured out that its actually the loading pictures from floppy part thats slowing it down. Unless ur loading it from a floppy or something, then there really shouldn't be a pause, Im saying this by using the really crappy school computers too.
Dan

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 8:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I tested playing a song in turing 4.0.5 on my comp and it takes less then one second for the song to start. Aucahly loads and plays faster then in windows meaida player.

Could be a combiation of alot of factors, like slow comp and some odd way of using the musick comand. If you are doing alot of CPU instive caluations at the same time i gusse it could take longer to load the file, alougth u whould think that has more to do with the hdd speed.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
guruguru

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:16 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Isnt everything based on hd speed Laughing !? If the song is really large it will take longer, because (well I don't know I'm just guessing) Turing loads the song, instead of playing it stratight from file. So smaller songs might play faster...
gamer

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 11:05 am   Post subject: (No subject)

use some soundeditors like goldwave (i think its good) n check to see if the song starts rite away with sounds, or whether there ar one or two sec in the beginning with no sound (if so u may wanna just delete those no sound sec)
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: