Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 mario help
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
joman

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 8:16 am   Post subject: mario help

for my compsci final project my partner and i want to make a mario game we have all the mapes and characters and everything the only problem is i dont know how to setup teh boundries of the map so if someone would help me i would greatly appreciate it.

PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ someone plz help me

[mod:72309c0f79]
U need help if you think we will help you affter your stamtes about this site and it's users.
[/mod:72309c0f79]
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
guruguru

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 10:03 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Boundaries for what? THe blocks? The walls? There are two main ways you can do boundaries.

2) Whatdotcolor. Basic, less accurate. Test the color right in front of the character, and if it isnt the default background color than there is a collisions.

1) Coordinates. Slightly complex, more accurate. Test your character against all the coordinates of the ojects in the game, and if they overlap, a collision happened.

Note: There is many ways of completing both of these methods, so you can make up your own sub-detector from these :p.
omni

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 10:35 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hey joman you would greatly appreciate help? what happened to this?

"i am very ashamed of u and everyone who postes on this message board"-joman (turing submissions, Final Projects)

Ha ha ha ha. Look up the tutorial on collision detection in the tutorial section or whatdotcolour tutorial.

hahaha
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 1:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

joman wrote:
wow really because i dont give a sh*t

there is something iv wanted to say to u guys for a long time u guys have no lives. go outside what r u afraid of... wait wait let me guess the sun will hit my skin at a 45 degree angle causeing a sunburn on my arm exactualy 4.32 cm long.

i am very ashamed of u and everyone who postes on this message board u people should go outside go do something else with your time then site in front of your computer a and talk about programming u people make me sick... i get enough of computer programming during the day at school i think i get too much.

and i cant stand it let alone read what u people talk about on these messsage boards.

i feel like gaging over each and evryone of u.

Im sorry, I don't like hypocrites. LOCKED.
Dan

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 3:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

He's a AOL user what do you expected Twisted Evil

Funny how they all come cralwing back at some time Razz
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: