Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Need some help with Text Scrolling...
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
CoRruPt-

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 9:53 am   Post subject: Need some help with Text Scrolling...

I'm currently working on my final project, and I'm requesting a bit of help...

One of the parts of my game needs a text scroller. I'm not too Turing-savvy, so I've just been using a for loop variable that will change the column for locate so that it will 'move'. However, I find that multiple fors conflict and the text gets all jumbled up.

Is there a cleaner, more effective way to scroll text? I've looked around the forum, and one of the topics has a GUI code, but it doesn't seem to work. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
beard0

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 11:41 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Post your current code so I can see what exactly you're trying to do, then I can help
guruguru

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 3:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yes, post your code. Making the row increase each time through the loop should work. Maybe when you reach the bottom of the screen, the screen clears and you start at the top again? Code will really help!
naoki

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 7:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I suggest you cheapen out and use Font.New and Font.Draw for your credits. You can at least choose cooler fonts for your credits instead of that ugly standard text.

And since you're using Font.Draw where you can specify the location of each line of text, you can include it all in one for loop and making everything fit nicely together

F9 that sucker to learn more
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: