Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 checkbox help
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Bob565656

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 3:45 pm   Post subject: checkbox help

sups, i want 2 make a checkbox on a black background, but the prob is that the chekbox boarder is black, and so it blends in with the b/g and u cant see it. is there sonething i can do 2 avoid this problem, thx
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 3:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Change the color of the checkbox Laughing
Bob565656

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 3:50 pm   Post subject: re:

how :O
Paul

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 3:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

post ur code.
Bob565656

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 4:17 pm   Post subject: code:

var cb1 := int

proc cb_proc1

end cb_proc1

GUI.SetBackgroundColor (black)
cb1 := GUI.CreateCheckBox (48, 338, "One", cb_proc1)
guruguru

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 4:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You cannot change the color of a check box in Turing at the moment. You'll just have to change the background color. Or you can use

code:

colorback(black)
cls

instead of...

GUI.SetBackgroundColor (black)

This will give you a white box. (Mine crashed when I included the GUI.ProcessEvent!?!?!?! Ideas?!?!)
Bob565656

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 4:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

im not getting you. if u cls, it clears the whole screen. I have a whole display active that I dont want cls'ed. I just wanna be able to create a visible chekbox on a black background.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 5:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thing is, you can't have a visable checkbox on a black background, if what guruguru says is true. unless of course you use some crazy whatdotcolouring to search for a black pixel before you initialize the background colour, and when it finds a black pixel it changes it to brightgreen or whatever. but that's besides the point.
regarding cls, you do the
code:
colourback (#)
cls

before you draw any of those pictures that you say you want to keep on the screen, so it draws the pictures above the background.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Bob565656

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 5:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

is that wat he meant? lol, that was kinda obvious. is there no other way i can have any selection clicking thing on a black b/g?
guruguru

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 6:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Nope.

Well, I guess you can have a selection thingy on a black bg. Use buttons Razz . You can change the color of those 8)
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: