Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Turing 4.0.5 Crash
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
TheZsterBunny

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 1:18 pm   Post subject: Turing 4.0.5 Crash

80% of the time I try to run a turing program, it crashes turing and quits.

I meet the sys requirements, I have no extra programs running, and have updated everything.

Why doesn't turing run correctly?

I've emailed holtsoft, and they will probably never respond.

Ideas?

-Z
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 1:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

weird... did you just start using v4.0.5 or did the error randomly began to occur?

and does it give you any error statement? I think there's an error log somewhere in turing folder that is created Confused
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
TheZsterBunny

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 4:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Smile

I took this question to the other compSci teacher at my school, and he had no idea.

The panic.log (error messages) file I have is about 500k. Almost every error is the same one, and I had not had this error before about 1 month ago.

The Error Message wrote:

Error = MIOFile Module Failure #201 (15013)
File = src\miofile.c
Line = 911

However, no such file or folder exist on my/compSci teach/friends's computers. Perhaps its another one of those undocumented things.

Now, the crash happens for almost any file longer than 3 lines, but here is the one I am currently working on.

+ Functions.t

I've been reading the error log, and I could not determine the exact cause of my problems.

I sent the log to holtsoft about 3 weeks ago - no reply, none expected.

It'll be mightly fun to write a turing program in notepad, and then test it at school, eh?

-Z

Function.t
 Description:
A working (supposedly) sample of my program.

Download
 Filename:  Function.t
 Filesize:  12.79 KB
 Downloaded:  196 Time(s)

Paul

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 6:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

works fine for me, I use 4.0.5, looking good.
TheZsterBunny

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 8:30 am   Post subject: (No subject)

PB, if you don't mind my asking, what programs are you running along with Turing?

I once tried shutting down most of my processes (firewall, antivirus, internet, printer), and got turing to run, but that no longer works.

:S makes things difficult to do a final project with.

-Z
Paul

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 9:30 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I have IE on and MSN messenger 6.2 .
I've had turing crash on me too, there was the one source that someone had posted, that no matter what I do, I couldn't get past the loading bar, it always crashes
"The environment (not your program) has crashed"
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: