Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Euchre Game & Buttons
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
TheFerret

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 10:45 am   Post subject: Euchre Game & Buttons

I am making an Euchre game for my ISP and I got most of it to work but there is one small problem, if the people who don't like the openining card can pass and then select the suit... I have the word pass on a button and would like it to have it so that you can have each player click to pass and then go on but I can not do that... I would post my code but you would need all 28 pictures to run it...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
MyPistolsIn3D

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 2:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

We cant do much witout code, zip it all into a compressed folder and post it.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 3:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you can post the code so we can look at it, even if we don't have the pictures. Truly, I don't understand what your problem is in the slightest.
if you are looking for ideas on how to layout your game, you should check out www.yahoo.com and go to the games section, then play a game of euchre. At least for bridge, they have a nice way of bidding, maybe you could use something like that, again if that's your problem.
TheFerret

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 7:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I have the layout and all that but what I am trying to do is to check to see if a button is pressed 4 times (to pass the opening card)... I can not post the code now since I am only doing this at school and I am at home now...
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 7:02 am   Post subject: (No subject)

inside the if statement where you are asking, "is the button pushed down?" make a variable called pass_counter or something like that go up by one. then if that variable is >= 4 then let them choose what suit they want.
TheFerret

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 12:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

But how would I make the counter only go up when the button is pressed...
TheFerret

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 8:42 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I got it to work now, you can download to see if you like it or comments...

Euchregame.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Euchregame.zip
 Filesize:  30.81 KB
 Downloaded:  203 Time(s)

Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: