Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 System Command..
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Canadian Rob

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 2:50 pm   Post subject: System Command..

Hey, Im trying to use the system command and.. it does not want to work.. I hit f1 to run and it says it is running.. but it does not do anything.. If I go to shcool and try it, it does not work ither.. but If i load up winOOT it works all good.. Can someone help me get it working on version 4.05

Thanks Canadian
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 3:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

works for me:

code:

var test:int

system ("msconfig", test)

If your school has restions inplace you will not be able to use the system comand. Try posting your code so we can see if there is anything wrong with it.

Also see what error it is throwing if it gets that far (the value of the int var) that will give you more info as to why it is not working.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Paul

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 4:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

if my school doesn't let me use msdos prompt, if I go
code:

system ("cmd", test)

which works on my computer, would it work?
Dan

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 11:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yes and no, it deponds on how smart they are. at my school it whould not work but on my old school it whould. It has to do with how they set up the persmisions on the network.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Paul

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 3:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, Idk, command.com is what it is in my school, and only my computer can access it Confused I don't know what I did but it gave me access over alot of things other ppl don't have, I even have access to LANschool, its just nothing happens when I run it lol.
Dan

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 4:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ROFL lanschool, what a joke. Is it the student verson or the teacher verson?
Paul

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 5:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I have access to both, I can execute both, its just that nothing happens. The thing is, no one else can access that deep into c drive, I can go system ("command.com", test) and it would work, but if anyone else does it, it goes "blah blah blah restrictions"
Canadian Rob

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ah! Thanks! I got it now! It was the

system ("cmd", test)

TEST That i dident have.. Smile Im happy now.. Twisted Evil
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: