Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Ant game - Colony RPG
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Spyro

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 3:35 pm   Post subject: Ant game - Colony RPG

Hi, I'm planning to make an Ant Colony RPG Game for my computer science ISP. Whats concerning me is.... what can I really do?
I thought of doing this:

There are 3 characters: Queen ant, Worker ant, and some kinda other ant (any ideas?)

Queen ant basically has to deal with everyday life problems.... organizing the colony... making sure it stays in one piece n stuff

Worker ant has to scavage around... try to find suitable objects for the colony such as food and all...

The other one.. i havent thought off

So..... any input?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 3:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Warrior ant, builder ant, food gathering ant etc.
guruguru

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 4:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well.... an and colony consists of:

Queen Ant: Sits around all day making lotsa babies. Female.

Soilder Ants: Self-descriptive. In carpenter ants they usually have square heads to block doorways. Male.

Worker Ants: Do all the other tasks. Food-gathering, expanding the nest, caring for the queen, caring for the babies. ALL FEMALE.

Then you get into seasonal type of ants. In the warm weather (really dependant on species), there is a mating period. Throughout the year there have been males with wings being born- they are simple sex machines. There are also winged females. In the mating period these males and females mate. The males die right after mating (sad isnt it?) and then the females go off and start their own colony. They lose their wings and become the queen of the new colony- they produce babies and care for their very first young. And then we're back at the beggining...

A quick lesson on ants Wink !

BTW: I really liked studying ants when I was younger.
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 5:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well, there are enough gameplay suggestion, so I'll try for some technical suggestions.

if you want real time strategy, then it's going to bring this project up a level. You need to know how to correctly handle your structures and everything.

Otherwise, I would suggest sticking with turn based. Makes everything easier, and doesn't tempt you into using processes.
Spyro

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 12:32 am   Post subject: (No subject)

so.....
what are you suggesting?
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: