Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 HI!!! (And more) - EDITED (Plz READ)
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
PhOeNiX-47

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 12:31 pm   Post subject: HI!!! (And more) - EDITED (Plz READ)

WOW, I never knew this site existed! I could have gotten good marks in school if I came here before!

Great site! (Just saying hi!)

[question] I am supposed to make a game for my final school project! Any easy games to code would be nice! Problem is, I dunno which is easy to make. Pong was first thign I thought but realised the COmp had to have AI and if its 2 players, I would require 2 inputs Sad So basically my question is, Can anyone tell me a easy game I can make? ( I have about a month to do this so I have plenty of time!)

Thanks!

PS- I checked the post abotu game ideas! They are pretty tough Sad
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
LiquidDragon

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 12:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hi there! What school do you go to?

Just wanted to know which school Rolling Eyes

Why don't you make a text adventure game? Or maybe hangman or who wants to be a millionaire. If you find graphics to hard its easier to make it a text game Smile
Martin

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 1:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Pong isn't too hard to make, and neither is AI for it.

To make pong, you would have to use Input.KeyDown (type that and press f9) to allow for simultaneous movement.
code:
var ch : array char of boolean %I know it's weird, but you need to have it for Input.KeyDown
loop
 Input.KeyDown (ch)
 if ch('w') then
   %move left paddle up
 end if
 if ch ('s') then
  %move left paddle down
 end if
 if ch (KEY_UP_ARROW) then
  %move right paddle up
 end if
 if ch (KEY_DOWN_ARROW) then
  %move right paddle down
 end if
end loop

Also, search the forums for some source code. It could come in handy. Don't steal it (obviously), but you can get a good idea how a working game would look with it (and steal bits of code, just give credit).
PhOeNiX-47

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 2:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, I really dont know what is array and how to use boolean in a program. Yes, I agree, im a noob!

Btw, Im from Danforth Collegiate and Teachnical Institute. It's in Toronto Smile
Tony

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 3:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

here's a tutorial on how to use Input.KeyDown.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
naoki

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 6:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

PhOeNiX-47 wrote:
Well, I really dont know what is array and how to use boolean in a program. Yes, I agree, im a noob!

Btw, Im from Danforth Collegiate and Teachnical Institute. It's in Toronto Smile

Although you can't spell, that school you go to sure does sound fancy Laughing
It's just kinda odd that your teacher would tell you to make a final project when you don't even know what an array (a group of variables with same prefix) or boolean (true false indicator) is.

I think http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=1022 is appropriate for your idea-seeking needs. As well, visit "Turing Submissions" for several more ideas.

And if you're super desperate, take Dodge_tomahawk's Othello Laughing
Martin

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 2:10 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I love how nobody understands how array char of boolean works.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 4:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

its a boolean array of the chars on the keyboard. so if its pushed down it is true, if not it's false. then when you're doing "if keys (KEY_LEFT_ARROW) then" you're just leaving out the "= true" part because turing automatically puts it in there for you.
yes?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 6:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Cervantes wrote:

yes?

no Laughing

you need to achieve a boolean value in the expression. This is done by ether using comparison operations that return boolean or using boolean variables to begin with.

code:

if true then
    put "boolean works"
end if

if 1 then
    put "integer doesn't"
end if
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
PhOeNiX-47

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 5:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

So anyone wanna explain to me what array of boolean does? Thanks for the KeyDown but my program looks exactly like the movement. I didn't look but somehow my program looked almost like that (not variables names though) Smile

oh and I decided to finally make a space shooting game Smile
Paul

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 6:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

-array of string (bunch of string variables under the same name differentiated by a subscript)

-array of int (bunch of integer variables under the same name differentiated by a subscript)

-array of real (bunch of real number variables under the same name differentiated by a subscript)

-array of boolean (bunch of boolean variables under the same name differentiated by a subscript)
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 11 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: