Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Can turing rename files?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Paul

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 5:52 pm   Post subject: Can turing rename files?

My school don't allow wav, midi or mp3 files to be saved on the school computer, is there a way for turing to rename the files while running a program, or better yet, play music from a .wav .midi or .mp3 file that is renamed to have no extension?
ex: I got music.mid, I rename it music, which turns it into a file file, would turing be able to play it, because of its inherent nature? Laughing
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 6:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

er, in WINDOWS, you can't just rename a .wav into a .mp3 or vice versa. you need a special converter, which you can get if you google ".wav .mp3 converter"
Paul

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 6:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I know that! Im trying to make it so that I can sneak a sound file onto the school computer, in the disguise of another sort of file, and STILL have turing play it, we can't have any wav, mp3 or midi type files on school computers.
Catalyst

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 6:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

File.Rename
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 6:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well i don't think you can have a file that has no extension. Confused at least, ive never seen one that had no extension.
i don't think i can help you except offering that you burn it to cd and play the sound directly from there, assuming thats what you want to do
Paul

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 6:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok catalyst, that seems to work, thanx, I'll see if I can do it at school without getting caught, and I also have to try System ("cmd", test)
Catalyst

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 6:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

a good admin (hope you dont have one Laughing ) will have blocked the console
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: