Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 DUCK HUNT FOREVER
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
MacDaddyM

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 4:34 pm   Post subject: DUCK HUNT FOREVER

Sup everyone...........

Just joined the site after like three months in a programming class in grade 10. For a final project me and my bud gonna make a Duck Hunt game but we both very uneducated in the field of turing. Anyone got any good ideas about cool things we could put in it..........

So far......
- make multiple levels with different jpeg backdrops
- make bosses (giant ducks) at the end of each level
- So other small stuff for minor details

Any help would be thanked!

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 4:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well, the mouse module will be helpful to know, and maybe a bit of whatdotcolor if you ever get lazy. Otherwise, it's just math for detection, and keeping track of picture positions.

As for suggestions, make it as polished as you possibly can. Even if your program is not as advanced as someone else's, being polished makes up for it.
MacDaddyM

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 5:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ya okay......

Thanks that helps a bit

Anybody got any other dream to contribute?
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 7:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nice. It's good to see that someone remembers the classics. I think it would be cool if you could get better guns at higher levels and stuff.
MacDaddyM

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 7:26 am   Post subject: (No subject)

That is awsome......

put like flashing guns in the air and then when you click them your gun changes!!! Then maybe the jpeg image of the gun changes and the rate of fire some how!

Our final boss is in the Antartic......

He looks like this!!
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.[list=][/list]
Dan

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 11:51 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Killing the linux pengwen, how every evil. you better hope darkness dose not see this, me may try to shoot you.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
PhOeNiX-47

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 10:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

omg, ur story soudns exactly like my friends... If u need hep i might help u out with some coding. Send me Pm Smile
MyPistolsIn3D

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Have the ducks randomly shit in midflight, it hits you in the eye and you lose health.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 7:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you could also make it so sometimes the ducks will have rabies and you have to shoot them before they can bite you
MacDaddyM

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:47 am   Post subject: Shit and Rabies = Fun Fun Fun

I love the ideas guys this is awsome....

The shiting will be a great addition to the game, but the rabies might be very challenging and i want to keep it as simple as possible... but still amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Head Bang
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 5:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i came across an 8sec mp3 of the noise that plays at the start of each round(including the dog bark) pm me if you are interested.
guruguru

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 8:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
Our final boss is in the Antartic......

Tsk, tsk. Spelling. Arctic is spelt with a 'c'. Hence "Antartic" should be spelt "Antarctic".
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 9:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wow that didnt wander off topic at all. You must have siezures reading Dan's posts
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 13 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: