Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 OMG HELP!
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
kanye_west_owns

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 8:05 pm   Post subject: OMG HELP!

hey ppl, im new here but i think its worth signing up lol, im in major crap, im supposed to write a program that simulates an ATM machine, using turing (object oriented turing; OOT) and its suposed to be about 3000 lines, and we aint supposed to use no graphics but i have no idea how to like centre stuff, and like make passwords, shit like that, is there ne1 out there who has done such a thing or something, plz i need major help jus to even start Very Happy hopefully some1'll help out, thnx peace Very Happy Shocked
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
omni

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 8:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well DOGG, did you pay attention in your computer science class. Cuse G, paying attention and doing your homework helps a lot. Are you gettin same VIBE as me HOMEY?

Anyhoo..

The concept behind it:
Have an initial balance
Have choices of withdrawing or depositing and whatever the machine does
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 8:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

OMG!!!11!! I CAN'T HELP YOU, BUT KANYE WEST TOTALLY OWNS!!!!!!
kanye_west_owns

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 8:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol yo, its not like tha tman, i was payin attention in class, but the man wants us to use procedures and like functions and i have no idea why, when that jus makes it harder, he be sayin somethin about style or something, neways, ne of u ne interesting stuff i could do, like how do i make the password not show wen the user inputs it after i do get password, like the same thing on an actual atm machine Razz
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 8:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

code:
var key : string (1)
var password : string := ""

loop
    getch (key)
    exit when ord (key) = 10
    put "*" ..
    password += key
end loop
put '\n', password

I found this on an old topic.

And as for designing the actual machine, that sounds to me more like creativity then logic and computer programming skills.

For Functions and Procedures, we have excellent tutorials in our tutorial section, check it out, you may find it useful.
kanye_west_owns

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 8:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

never thought it'd be that simple then again, im a noob programmer, thank god i didnt take it next yr, cuz it brought my mark down like 14 percent and who knows wat'll happen wen i hand in this SUMMATIVE, ATM machine program thing
anywho_ya

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 12:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The only problem with that password code is that when u press enter then the password shows itsefl down below
anywho_ya

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 12:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

anywho_ya wrote:
The only problem with that password code is that when u press enter then the password shows itsefl down below

sry just get rid of the put statement
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
anywho_ya

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 1:00 pm   Post subject: Re: OMG HELP!

kanye_west_owns wrote:
have no idea how to like centre stuff :

Alright to center you could just use the locatexy (x, y) statement
when he asks you to make procedures and functions he wants you to make a procedure for like deposit. So when someone wants to deposit something you can store that deposit in a procedure
kanye_west_owns

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 4:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thnx for the help guys, and is there ne way to set columns, rather then using like 12:12 which will be be like 10 spaces right, then write 12, like i wana know if i could set columns in ne way without using spaces
beedub

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 5:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you could even use file input output for the passwords. i person can register with the atm account and their particular password and username will be stored in that file. then people could come back when they need money again.
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 9:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

3000 lines seems an awful lot for something like this.... what are you supposed to do that will take that many lines, especially if you are not allowed to use graphics?
beedub

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 9:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

comment alot!!!
kanye_west_owns

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 2:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

another question is how can i make like a database, for example, wen a new user enters teh program, and they want to create a new account, after they are finished, the program "SAVES" their information, so wen they come back in the future, they can goto option 2 "Existing account" and they type in their info and it goes to their account. and also how can i get the computer to put underscores "_" for the places i have a "GET" command
xmdxtreme

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 2:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

HMmmm i smell Mr. Szes students....
im getting help anyways too we have the same project but ive finished the intro and the password part and database (from example programs)
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 16 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: