Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 2D Map Is Not Fully Being Drawn
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
GreenTiger

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 4:31 pm   Post subject: 2D Map Is Not Fully Being Drawn

Okay a friend of mine is working on a 2-D Strategy Game (Like C&C Red Alert) He is trying to create a map that you'll be able to scroll across when you move the mouse to the edge. Currently, his map doesn't even finish getting made. He has map files slightly similar to my isometric ones, reads them and draws a sprite for each tile on the map so that he can scroll across it.

But right now, it only draws a section of the map, and we don't know why. It's still processing for the full time (we PUTed the values to the screen and when it reaches a certain number, the values continue to increase, but it simply stops drawing sprites.

Do you have any idea what could be causing this problem?

(He is willing to give me the code to post here if you need to take a gander)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 4:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the code for drawing loop would help Thinking

otherwise it should be two forloops
code:

for x:screenLocationX .. screenWidth + screenLocationX
    for y:screenLocationY .. screenHeight + screenLocationY
         Draw(x,y)
    end for
end for
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
GreenTiger

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 10:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

should be getting code from him soonish
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: