Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 General Protection Fault? Forking to a Process
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
GreenTiger

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 4:31 pm   Post subject: General Protection Fault? Forking to a Process

Alright then, I'm having trouble with processes.

I've imported my 'persons' class; bascially the characters that move around the map.

I've made command for them called Move, and I call it

Person -> Move (1,0,0) %This moves the character 1 along the X.

The move procedure forks to the Animate process in the 'persons' class which then takes care of a few things and, essentially, moves the character's sprites to another portion of the screen (while changing the picture if neccessary)

However, I get this error when I run.

Process "Animate" General Protection (Segmentation) Fault
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 5:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well 1st of all a fork may not be the best way to animate somting and second it whould help if we could see your code to figger out what is going on.

is this error in the turing error thing or a windows error?
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
the_short1

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 5:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

post that chunk of code and lets take a look..... i dont get fully whats going on..

remember to use the [ code ] and [ /code] tags please...
GreenTiger

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 5:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah, actually I'm starting to second guess the forking here myself...gimmie a little while to rework the code.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: