Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 How to Ask Questions Properly
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Catalyst

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:19 pm   Post subject: How to Ask Questions Properly

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#asking

Moved, as requested, also made it a sticky
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
McKenzie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nice, but I'm afraid will fall on deaf ears. The members who will bother to read this are not the ones who need the advice.
Catalyst

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hmm
maybe it should be in turing help

EDIT:: Thank you
shorthair

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:07 am   Post subject: (No subject)

That would actually be a good idea , so many people dont care , apparently my friend says when he signed up to compsci , he just went right into the help forum and clicked new topic and called it " HELP NOW" or somthin like that , some people will proably never go into this thread
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:37 am   Post subject: (No subject)

shorthair wrote:
epparently my friend asays when he signed up to compsci , he jsut went right into the help forum and clicked new topic , some people will proably never go into this thread

Heh, I remember when my friend did something like that. He needed help making his bomberman game so he came to compsci, made a topic, and called it "make bomberman".
shorthair

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:03 am   Post subject: (No subject)

just look at hte amount of people that have like 1 post , and 2 bits and never come back ,some people dont even post , they sign up and jsut dont come back
poly

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:10 am   Post subject: (No subject)

is there a way where you can set maybe a page up that shows them rules for posting etc that would be displayed right before they official register, so after they read it they can hit Accept or dont accept?
shorthair

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:41 am   Post subject: (No subject)

People wont read it , its like license agreements , 99.9 percent of people never read them , just say i accept and install the game , if you ever actually read one they take nmo resposibility for anything , so putting it first wouldnt make a differenve
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
MyPistolsIn3D

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 2:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

is there a wat that you could electronically check each topic title as its writen and if it has certain words grouped 2gether n stuff, it makes them rename it?
Dan

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 6:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

MyPistolsIn3D wrote:
is there a wat that you could electronically check each topic title as its writen and if it has certain words grouped 2gether n stuff, it makes them rename it?

probly, but it is alot funner to yell at poleop Razz
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
MyPistolsIn3D

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 1:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, then when they create a topic with certain word groups, send em an e-mail with lotsa cursing in it. Smile
s_climax

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 1:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

MyPistolsIn3D, that avatar is too big and it messes up the forum.

Plus, 50cent is a no-talent assclown.
MyPistolsIn3D

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 2:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yes, i realized it was too large.

50 Cent is the best rapper to ever live. No dispute. Take your jealousy elsewhere.
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 7:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I wouldn't say that 50 is the best rapper alive, especially when Jin is still around. Anyways, quit spamming.
s_climax

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 7:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Admit it. Rap is not music. Anyone that thinks that it is music has problems.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 21 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: