Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Wondering
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Stuperman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 4:55 am   Post subject: Wondering

is it possible to set the position of the mouse cursor?, if so then how? help would be appreciated.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 5:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

to my knowledge, it is not possible to set mouse cursor possition in turing, just read it MouseWhere(x,y,b)

If you really want to do that, there's an API call for that, which you can use in Visual Basic. And I have a feeling you can use the same .dll with C/C++.

The only way around it (as I see) is to hide the cursor and draw a vertual one... basically your own graphic. Then you can move that, relative to actual mouse movement, but you might run into problem since you can't move the mouse off the screen Sad
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Stuperman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 3:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, thanks, for the suggestion
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 6:48 pm   Post subject: one more thing

one thing to add to that is that some verions of turing will not let you hide the mouse curser. so dont go nuts trying to do it Laughing . i think 3.1.1 has the thing to do it but it only wroks in dos, messed up eh?
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 8:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yes, Holt has a reputation of not doing things right, and if they do, you can expect they will remove that feature in next releace.

You don't need to manipulate mouse position for simple programming. If you're doing something advanced, I sujest moving on to a more powerful, WORKING language.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Stuperman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 6:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i would but the only other language i know/have i qbasic, which is was obsolete before i was born.
lol
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 6:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well its time to move on... You don't want to be stuck with turing for the rest of your life.

There's are a number of FREE C/C++ compilers available.

VB is a build-in language into MS Office so you can just open up a Word Document, load Macro screen and do some VBing. Having a full version would help.
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 7:08 pm   Post subject: hummm

makes you think, you can pay like 70+ dolares for turing wihc is not a great progmaing lauge for doing big things and making good games or you can pay nothing for a c/c++ compiler wich is useds in some of the best games out there.

interesting eh?
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Stuperman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 11:45 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Sweet thanks for the VB in word thing

paying for somethingthat is worse than the free thing.
Now that's irony.

(well, not really, but i can't think of a better word)
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: