Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 cdrom interaction and custom alerts
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
ReN3g@de

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:31 pm   Post subject: cdrom interaction and custom alerts

does anyone know how to open the cdrom door, typically the d: drive?

and i would also like to know how i could make alert messages with custom text... i tried the GUI.Alert but for some reason it doesnt work..

any help is greatly appreciated!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
guruguru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Woah! Is ure avatar just a pic, or some mini program?!?!? My operating system and IE are what it says!!! Shocked

Anyways... I dont't know how to open a cdrom drive, but every computer has a different letter for their drive, e.g mine is D; some may be C; some B etc...

To make custom text, as in fonts, you can use all the Font options (check reference) and with that you can specify ure font etc... or possibly I have no clue what I'm talking about and just made u stupider for reading :p.

Right... hope that helps Very Happy .
recneps

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

if you search through win folder, then you'll probably find a program... not sure tho.. that will open it.
and Your avatar's borken... its not my ip Laughing
Delos

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

GUI.Alert is available for you type in and stare at in all its glory.

Apart from that, (as specified in the documentation), it is not yet implemented.

I have made custom alerts before...not difficult...just open a new window, big red text, w/ buttons to close the alert window...

As for the CD drive...try looking for system commands.
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

there is no turing comand for opeing the cdrom drive but as meationed above you could call another progame using the exec comand that could do. Turing dose not have any true hard ware conotrel so doing such things whould be diffuclt using only turing.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
ReN3g@de

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

alrite then... well ill just write something in VBS and use Turing's Open command to create the VBS file then use Sys.Exec to run it!
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: