Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Redirect output to printer! HOW???
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Master_X_JD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 3:21 pm   Post subject: Redirect output to printer! HOW???

So, here is my problem: I need to make a program that directli prints the output (graphical). How can I do it with TURING.
Furthermore: what if the printer is not conected to the port of my comp (network printer).
Thanks for helpimg me.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
apomb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 3:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you would have to use the parralell port i think, so it could not be done if it is a network printer to my knowledge. However, you could set the output to go to the printer somehow , in the prefrences or something ... but the code isn't possible
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 3:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

eh? Confused Don't you just put : l1p1 (or w/e printer port)? But that's just for text.. and just for serial connection printers Confused

printing pictures to networked USB printers... Thinking Maybe you could use system() commands to print out a file Thinking
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Delos

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:

if you want to send the string "Hello" to the printer). If you want to do this, open the file "LPT1" using the open statement and put to the file.

- F10

code:

var file : int
    open : file, "LPT1", put
    for i : 1 .. 5
        put : file, i
    end for
    close : file
Master_X_JD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:34 am   Post subject: need more

Yes this works for LPT printer ang for text, but I still can't print graphics, even with LPT prnter. I tjink that there must be a command that just sends tha active window to the LPT. If someone knows please tell me.
10x
Ivan
Delos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:45 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Turing...printing...graphics?

I'm sorry...that does not compute. Syntax error..

Seriously, dude...Turing doesn't have the capabilities to print graphics. And at the rate our dear friends at Holt are going, it never will.

Best option:
out source through another language. Or convert all prictures into text format...PM Zylum for details...hehehe.
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, yeah, find an ASCII character that represents a pixel the most... 8@# all works good. I just don't know if it will print in color Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Delos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:
I just don't know if it will print in color Laughing

Ha, freakin, ha, Tony.
Remind us won't you.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: