Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 does turing 4 has the "show var" like turing 3 doe
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
greenapplesodaex

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:36 pm   Post subject: does turing 4 has the "show var" like turing 3 doe

does turing 4 has the "show var" like turing 3 does?
if it does, how do i open that window?
thanx!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yes
code:

locate(1,1)
put varName
delay(500

Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
the_short1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tony i dont think that matches the question..... do u mean show the variable's type??
greenapplesodaex

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:09 pm   Post subject: reply

um... no, remember in turing 3, there's a button that says "show var", if you click it, a little window pops up and it shows all the var and all their values. easy for debuging. how do i get that out in turing 4?
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you don't - no such thing (in v4... well... not yet)
code:

put "this is my program"
var name:string := "tony"
var num:int := 10

var winID:int := Window.Open("title:show vars")
put "some more of my program"
Window.SetActive(winID)
locate(1,1)
put "name:", name
put "num:", num

Window.SetActive(0)
put "the end"
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
greenapplesodaex

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:38 pm   Post subject: reply

well, that works, too, thanx
but then you'd have to fork it so that it becomes "real-time"
and when you trace your program, it's gonna be trouble, lol
the_short1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea... i only used a version under 4 once or twice... and said !"THIS SUCKS"! and i pity the ppl who had to use it.... i just gave up and got the good one from school...
that would be wicked... like lets say... press CTRL+V (only u woud know this) and then it would pop up a window with all your variables..... too bad it would take so much typing to make it tony's way....

HINT: dont mention forking soemthing around him... he gets all touchy feely and starts to cry... Razz Laughing jk.... he'll prob suggest something other then a fork cuz he hates them with a passion Twisted Evil .. right tony???
greenapplesodaex

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:57 pm   Post subject: reply

awww this sucks, think they ever add that thing in turing 4? maybe later on?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
the_short1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i sure hope tho... thats a WICKED FEATURE... maybe make a program in turing that reads your file and opens a new turing window...and shows contents of all variables...

like...

search 'urprogram.y' for all cont, var, etc... then find all values.... would be lots of if statements... i thinkl... but cool.... maybe try emailing tom west or w/e at http://www.holtsoft.com ??
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

what if statements? Laughing

a while ago I wrote a part of script interpriter (was suppost to handle animations and dialogs for an RPG). The point it - you could have decleared variables inside the .txt script and refer to them later on and .exe interpreter handeled everything perfectly. I even had if statements going there Wink
the_short1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you should popst it here then... now im interested..... also...
i guess i wouldn't take much.... if you output all variables that are in your program into a text file... then later u can just put all the entries from that file.... hmm... i dont use read write to files to much... dont exactly know all of it yet... (wazn;t payiong attension...)
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:06 am   Post subject: (No subject)

the_short1 wrote:
you should popst it here then...

eh... was one of those work-in-progress things that never got to any sord of finish Confused I might consider taking some bits of code from that and writing something up though later on
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 12 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: