Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 running cmd and using cmd commands
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
netninja

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:51 pm   Post subject: running cmd and using cmd commands

My subject basically says everything i want to know. Just open cmd.exe or anything else, and inputting commands into it without having to manually do them once cmd.exe opens. Another thing i think is a very long shot is returning the output i get from the cmd.exe into the turing window. But if it can be done, please explain.

thanks
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i'm not sure if you could do that actually, but you could use:

system("command, variable") (im not sure about the quotes),
that seems kindof farfetched for turing, though im not sure, is this an assignment?
netninja

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

no
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i personally don't have any idea on how to do this, but someone more advanced may... its a good idea what you are thinking.

if you want to access the shutdown program or something of that sort, just use system("...,...") and it will work fine. i tested it out, and it works well.
netninja

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I dont think quotes are needed for the system comand. But only problem is this: i dont think you can run cmd.exe and make it do something too. That would be sweet though. If its possible, please tell me someone Smile
jonos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:00 am   Post subject: (No subject)

you can run cmd.exe, just use Sys.Exec() which you will have to check the turing reference for, but i don't think you can export commands from turing to it.

if you were using c++ and were making a console program, then that would be easy :\
netninja

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:16 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Also, can i run a program with parametres?? That must be able to be done right? Like "xcopy c:/something.txt c:/winnt" or something similar?

I know about running individual programs of course Smile ... so import / export = no.. Well, i guess its time to throw in the towel, and go back to the oh so useful c++. But anything i want to do with my school computer has to be written at home Sad no c++ compiler at school.
recneps

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

if using
code:
system("..","..")
then yes. just put it under the command part, and if using syas exec, then no Sad
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
ReN3g@de

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

check out the tutorial i made on it... its in the tutorials section of the forum.
BioHazardousWaste

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:56 am   Post subject: (No subject)

omg... H4X0R5 wannabe... fucking lame kids who can't even do this shit...

excuse my rant
Krabjuice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Sounds like someone's looking to form some malicous code.
On a compeletly unrelated note, hooray for deltree *.*
jonos

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok biohazard, how the hell is someone supposed to learn how to hack or whatever without learning it. unless that person in question has special "psychic powers" to read the minds of others, or holds volumes of text on different subjects within their own brain, then one must ask questions and learn. its unfair of you to to that they can't even do "that shit", but where is one supposed to start. you obviously didn't just know that the first time you started turing, so give the kid a break. and just because he didn't use the turing reference doesn't mean anything, it may just mean he didn't understand it or know the command for what he wanted. don't be such a lame-ass idiot. be respectful, and excuse my hypocrisy.

excuse my rant
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ya wired how that is, espalty on some fourm more realted to hacking. Every one likes the newbe bashing i gusse. but u most rember that u where once a newbe at one time.

i think that is some poleop where not such ass holes (not meaning any one in this post or on this site) about poleop asking question there whould be less scripted kiddys out there witch just pisses every one off.

alougth poleop who whont ot know all about creacking in 10 mins or ask questions like "how do i hack hotmail" desever being yelled at. if u whont to "hack" try lreaning some seriuers porgaming 1st it will help you much.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
BioHazardousWaste

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:53 am   Post subject: (No subject)

jesus man... learn how to spell (unless ur foriegn, then forgive me)... but the reason i'm like that is because I have put years into learning how to program; spent countless hours reading thick manuals on different languauges, DOS prompt, etc. etc. I have built programs for small buissnesses, and just created my own because I wanted to. The reason for me bitching like that is becuase I have spent years learning, and three years researching dos commands in networks... and someone comes along and wants to know how to do this, without even reading the reference.... seriously, take the time, learn a decent langugage. You can easily do it in VB.

I know I was a newbie once, and I did not get much help, so I am usually very quick to help the nubs out. But it doesn't start with malicious dos commands, it starts WAY before that..... and BTW deltree *.* is completely useless when deepfreeze is running... believe me i've tried it. (yea, thats right, I learned it by taking the time to try something!!!)
jonos

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:58 am   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah but maybe the person didn't even know where to start, and turing is the easiest language to learn it, and you have to start somewhere. it takes less effort to ask someone on a message board than going to the library or the bookstore. and it gives the same effect, unless more can be learned on runnign system/shell commands in turing.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 21 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: