Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 AI
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
airecrist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:40 pm   Post subject: AI

I'm attempting to create an Artificial intelligents on my turing program? and am unsure where to start or how to, any ideas?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you could start by taking AI 101 course Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
airecrist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 3:45 pm   Post subject: re: AI

sounds good to me thanks, it's a start but I want to create a program that works like the PETS in megaman battle network for game boy advance if possible in turing.
omni

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well basically, you have to 'teach' your program how to play that game you want the AI for. I haven't played megaman, so I can't really help you too much.
jonos

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:42 am   Post subject: (No subject)

what you should first do is plan it out on paper.

but all i can really say is that you will be using a lot of if statements (probably). try to make something really simple, then try to get more complicated.
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:50 am   Post subject: (No subject)

you don't necessary have to use a lot of if statements Confused Maybe few if statements in few loops, but really, how much different types of data are you comparing? Confused
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:53 am   Post subject: (No subject)

The PET in megaman is like:
if you try leaving the room before you do something your suppose to do, it goes "Hey LAN! your suppose to talk to everyone!", and then you don't leave the room.

If you get a new email (a planned event) it goes "Hey Lan! you got an email"

if you go the wrong way, it says "Hey LAN! arn't we suppose to be going this way?"

thats basically it, and then sometimes it comments on some planned events.
guruguru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ummm.... thats not AI!!! Confused ...
All you have to do is: (for example)

code:

if personx > maxx or personx < 1 or persony > maxy or persony < 1 then
      put/Font.Draw/Pic.Load "Hey LAN! your suppose to talk to everyone!"
end if

if emailReceived = true then
      put/Font.Draw/Pic.Load "Hey Lan! you got an email"
end if

if direction = "down" then
     put/Font.Draw/Pic.Load "Hey LAN! arn't we suppose to be going this way?"
end if

But that is no way AI!!! Thats like 3 if statements!!! AI is where something acts on its on depending on outside circumstance....
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
airecrist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I don't want it to be exactly like the game I want a program that I can interact with and remind me of things when nessesary....kind of ... act like an actual person or as close as I can get. along the same idea of it though, minus the virus busting of course, no virus can be destroyed like that although it would be entertaining if it was, lol. I want to start with the basic programming of the "pet" and eventually upgrade the program to use a verbal interface.
guruguru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 7:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Verbal interface? As in speech recognition?!?! Wow that would be madness. I extrememly doubt you can do anything even remotely close to anything even resembling speech recognition with Turing!!!

Or maybe I misunderstood Wink ...

EDIT: Thx Tony... dat's the one Laughing
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

just a side note:

voice recognition is the ability to recognize the voice to identify the speaker.

you probably ment speach recognition which is the ability to translate sounds into ASCII text Laughing
airecrist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:58 am   Post subject: (No subject)

that sounds good too, but I was thinking if creating something that you could even hold a conversation with if you felt like it.
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:05 am   Post subject: (No subject)

haha Laughing If you could write a program you could hold conversation with - you could win quite a bit of money in the annual (i think that's annual) Turing Test (has nothing to do with turing programming language, lol)

Ether way - the closest I think you could get (and the simplest way) is to pick out the keywords out of user input and then reply with the line that has the best 'match' to that keyword set
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 13 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: