Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Do you know where i could download a turing program likethis
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Shadomic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:03 pm   Post subject: Do you know where i could download a turing program likethis

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/copter.php

i would like to download a game similar to this in turing and take a look at the program, I'm trying to make a game basedo n this conecept
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
guruguru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Most likely no one made a game like this...

To make it, here are some ideas:
-Make the plane automatically go downwards (decrease the y value) by an ever decreasing amount.
-When the mouse is pressed (b = 1) the y value begins to increase and the longer it is held the more the y value is increased.
-Make a custom map or randomize it and then check for collisions between the blocks, top, bottom, and the heli.
-The object (heli) can be anything you want. Download a pic or make one yourself in paint Razz !!!

Shouldn't be too hard... just the collisions and the actual making of the map. Good luck Smile !
Shadomic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hmm, im havign a problem with streaks when the plane moves (actually a spaceship in my game) and when the walls move forward they leave big streaks of color, i was gonna draw black boxes after they moved, but then i decided to put in a background, so that no longer works.
guruguru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You're not clearing the screen. Hence when the ship/wall moves, the old picture is still there with the new picture over top of it. For a quick way, stick a "cls" after you draw all that you want to draw. Or you could put "
setscreen("offscreenonly")" at the top of the program, and then after you put the "cls', put View.Update. That will reduce flicker and will also stop you from having blurs.
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Heres something to start you off, if you'd like.
you have to click to make it go etc...
realize that the chopper is not actually moving forwards or backwards, just up or down, the trail it leaves and the blocks that moves backwards makes it look like its moving.
After this you can just make the blocks appear

oh, I didn't clear the screen here either... but it works Razz

chopper.zip
 Description:
Chopper that acts like one in game, and crashes into ceiling or floor.

Download
 Filename:  chopper.zip
 Filesize:  2.97 KB
 Downloaded:  214 Time(s)

Shadomic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:11 pm   Post subject: cool

Thanks a lot Very Happy
jonos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ahh, that game is awesome. i made a game like that once, but i lost it. paul's will get you going, but you should make sure that the helicopter uses real gravity (using the equation for gravity, ask someone in grade 11/12), because the real game is like that. also, to make it better you should add enemies and use a keyboard button to shoot, that would make it really good. good luck.
guruguru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

psst... Gravity makes an object accelerate by 9.8 m/s*s. In essence, the speed (in this case the falling speed) increases by 9.8 units in every second. [This assumes absolutely no air friction and anything else that could slow it down. Using this measurement, a bouncing ball would never stop bouncing- it would speed up, slow down, speed up etc...]
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Thuged_Out_G

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 2:01 am   Post subject: (No subject)

here is my copter i just whipped up, im pretty sure it works lol...thanks to
paul bian for the copter pics Very Happy

copter.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  copter.zip
 Filesize:  3.22 KB
 Downloaded:  202 Time(s)

jonos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 11:05 am   Post subject: (No subject)

that is really nice, but it moves way too fast!!! that guy has his whole program practically made for him :\ haha
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: