Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Please help me remove flicker from my game.
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Shadomic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:27 pm   Post subject: Please help me remove flicker from my game.

Would someone plz show me how to remove the flicker from the moving rectangles in my game? I've been trying to remove then for a while, I've been looking at tutorials and I'm still confused, I thought all u needed to do was use setscreen(offscreenonly) and View.Update. Maybe I put them in the wrong spot, but anyways, I'd really appreciate the help, Thanks in advance.

spacegame.zip
 Description:
My game plz help with flicker problem

Download
 Filename:  spacegame.zip
 Filesize:  2.26 KB
 Downloaded:  243 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jonos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it may just be the processes that you are using, processes don't work all that well in turing, so you should try to do it in one loop or another way.
Shadomic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok ill fiddle with it a bit more
Shadomic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:18 pm   Post subject: hmm, i made some adjustments, but i still have some problems

I was fooling around with View.Update and now i got some problems, i lost the streaks which i had trouble with before, (although u couldnt, tell because they were black streaks on a black background). Now i cant seem to move very fast with keydown, and there is still some flicker check it out now, any advice?

spacegame2.zip
 Description:
Took out music 4 the sake of this, to reduce file size

Download
 Filename:  spacegame2.zip
 Filesize:  1.08 MB
 Downloaded:  270 Time(s)

AsianSensation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Don't use processes, that's how you solve your problem. Unless you are really good, only use processes for music. You could have simply done everything there in a loop. Try to rewrite your program, that's about it.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: