Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Importing units such as DanSprites
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Touya-kun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:35 pm   Post subject: Importing units such as DanSprites

I've read over the DanSprites guide, and other threads, and F10 looking for an answer to this question, but I can't seem to find it. It says on DanSprites:

Quote:

You most import "DanSprite.tu" to use the DanSprite commands

All subprograms in the DanSprite unit are exported qualified (and thus must be prefaced with "DanSprite.").

But how is this done? An F10 search turned up something remotely promising, but it was so complex, that I came out of it more confused than in.

My question, simply put, is how do I "import" DanSprites so that it is usable? ^__^: Thanks!

And I apologize in advance if my search for similar threads was unsuccesful and there actually is one.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think you just put the dansprite.tu in the same folder that your program is, and on the top of your program put import "DanSprite.tu"
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you have to put:

code:

import "DanSprite.tu"

at the top of your turing code and have the DanSprite.tu file in the same dir as the turing code.

you could also put the DanSprite.tu file any where on your comp and put the full dir in the import line.

you can get the file from: http://www.compsci.ca/mx/index.php?page=58 or the dTeam dl page.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Touya-kun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yup, I had the file. =D Thank you very much for the prompt and speedy solution!

This is probably no help to either of you, but +2 bits to each! Very Happy I only had 5, so this is my limit Wink
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Haha, glad we could help.
Confused Very Happy eh? Dan has 2002? I thought he could only have 2000 haha

oh yea, for your generosity, + Some bits to you
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

LOL, you dont have to give me bits, my bit number stays at 2000 b/c i am an admin.

but i hope you like the sprites, tell us if you find any bugs with them so we can try to make them better.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Bill

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Good Work! Yah I was trying to use the Turing Reference on the program and i was left pretty confused like Touya-kun. So yah thanks for the great explainations.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: