Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 AI help please
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Walker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:41 pm   Post subject: AI help please

I have to makea dice based game for class and am thinking of attempting a simple version of warhammer, and while i can make a multiplayer version(as in no ai) how would one make an ai, I thinking im going to make it so that it compared values of certain squares ( liek its archers would head for the grid postions with a high A value(for archer value and so on)but my problem is how to make it realize now it cant run through walls and using its archers at melee range is a bad idea and so on, right now the only thing i can think of it making it so that at the begging of every turn the ai checks in a radius around each of its units and makes them move towards the space ith the highest value.

Has any one ever attempted a game like this before and if so how did they amke their ai work???
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I've never heard of a warhammer game in turing. It would be a very hard program to make. Have you done the multiplayer version yet?

anyways, theres a thread on simple AI in the General programming forum, you can check that out for basci AI ideas.
Walker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thank you,, do the fourm members here mind being beta testers in about a week or so?
Cervantes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'd say most will offer to help you test. I, for one, will help.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: