Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 The Death of Intelligent Spam
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Dauntless

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:43 pm   Post subject: The Death of Intelligent Spam

O my brothers, it seems that nowadays the Spam area of Compsci.ca is rife with useless spam. It is as if thousands of headless chickens have infested this section, and now it suffers from the aftermath of this avian stampede. Now, there is nary a spam thread worth subscribing to, nary a spam thread worth reading on a regular basis. It appears that the previous quality posts like LKF have been eradicated in favour for the numerous chicken droppings like movie discussions and verbal diarrheists, such as jonos (no offense).

It seems that in the days I have been gone, at least ten new threads have sprung up from the fecal waste, like dung beetles from the.....dung.

It appears that now is the time where I should make public again my bid to become a Spam moderator. I implore you, my Spam brethren, to bring back the intelligent spam where the strength of a thread is not found in the number of miniscule posts within, but with the unifying strength of the all the interesting points that the worthy posters bring up.

Let's bring a stop to this Chicken Age of Spam, and usher in the Dauntless Age!!!

P.S. Dodge is lenting compsci.ca, so Dan, can you make me a mod just for the duration of his lent? Or maybe longer?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

there allready is a 2nd spam mod, why not get him, naoki, to do somting about it Razz. from my point of view it is the spam section and unintenalgent spam is still spam...

alought it whould be nice to have some good topics rather then random topics that where boucned from 2 years...
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 3:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Haha, dauntless the revolutionist, splitting the spam world into Intelligent and Unintelligent spam sections, never to be together again. 2004 AD.
Mazer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 3:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Purple monkey dishwasher.

Just kiding. But yeah, it seems spam has gotten a bit stupider lately. I think it's because dodge isn't around that much. And stupid naoki, I don't think he's posted in a while! He's supposed to be the LFK mod, and nobody else is creative enough to come up with decent LFKs!
Dauntless

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 3:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, LKF is dead because it's been made exclusive to Naoki, and only he is allowed to post. The stagnation of the spam thread can be directly related to the lack of active Spam Mods. For example, the three Sticky threads are irrelevant and outdated. If I were Spam Mod, I would unfetter the sticky threads and let them stay afloat by virtue of their validity in today's modern Spam society.
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

so pm them and tell them that, lol
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
jonos

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

what is lkf?
Mazer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It's something you'd rather find out by yourself.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dauntless

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I wouldn't PM them because I talk to them everyday at school. Just not really about compsci.ca.
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

oh, its little known fact, i get it. i never read those cause they were too long and boring.
naoki

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

jonos wrote:
oh, its little known fact, i get it. i never read those cause they were too long and boring.

thanks a lot

seriously, if you wanna try and post something good then i'll unlock my LKF thread. just no posting, replying, commenting or anything that you kids usually do in other threads. my thread is for stories only, and i'll be viciously monitoring it. ANY unncessary posts will have the user's bits dropped by 50

that being said, my topic is open
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok, i will heed that and write about my compsci teacher Smile

edit:
haha, look who is a lamer!
Maverick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

YOU. quiet lamer.
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you cannot boss me around!

fine fine fine, ill shut up... Crying or Very sad
Maverick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ya youd like that wuldnt you. Lamer
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 28 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: