Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Human(ish) 3d Model
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Catalyst

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 5:06 pm   Post subject: Human(ish) 3d Model

Does any one have a good low poly (<300) human model?
If not does anyone know where to get one?

I'm gonna be making an immensely suped up version of hangman...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Asok

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 5:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I know where I get my c++ models, but none of those have a low polly count sorry man, I'll take a look for you though.
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 5:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i am cortly wroking on one, i will post or pm you if i make any break throws.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
octopi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 8:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

No sure but...

Can you not get the software program poser, and use that to export humans, I would think you should be able to, but I have no idea if you can for sure, or what the polygon count would be for them even if you can.

Good luck!

Poser 5.0 is the last verison I know, you could try searching it on google.com for more info about it:

Poser 5.0 on google.com
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 8:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i got somting like that for 3d max 4 but it has WAY to many polys. and dose not conver to raw right Confused

still wroking on it ......
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

WOOT!!!! i got a 3d like human guy that is only 214 polys right now in raw format. it is the basick cheariter frame used in the chraitre studieo for 3d max. i had to run it throw like 10 coverts and he lost his arams on the way but i will fix it soon.

i posted what i have so far, it has no arrams and is prity small but i will fixe that soon Wink

Mod Note: the file type .raw is now alowed

The Extension 'raw' was deactivated by an board admin, therefore this Attachment is not displayed.

Dan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

UPDATE: i added armars and hands and stuff this time but it is now 370 polygons.

i am still wroking on it tho, i need a small poly guy for a game i am making too Wink

The Extension 'raw' was deactivated by an board admin, therefore this Attachment is not displayed.

Catalyst

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

is there any way he could be split up into different body sections then hangman would actually work, and even some rudimentary charater animation could be attempted witht the model in the future
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i could make them spilt up for you will not take long, also for anitmation you could chage the pose in 3d max befor coverting. i also atrched my filanl version of the hole guy. i will post the parts of him soon.

Tony

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'd say just program DirectX / openGL... but thats just me
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

if you can tell me how to get them to wrok with dos c++ then i will, lol. i got to use dos c++ becuse it is for a school porgject. alogth i do not know why catalyst whonts to do it in turing. i guse it is a bigger calgenge, it can also be relay eduactionl Confused
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i cut the guy up. i did not make two arms and two legs becuse the legs are the same and the arm can just be roated to be right. you may need the orgial i post last to figer out where everyting is sposted to do.

on another subject i am whodering what 3d edtors every one has.

i got 3d max 3 and 4 with chariter stuidey. i got demo of 5 but has run out Evil or Very Mad

i also use autocad 2000 and crossroads to coverte and fixe up some stuff be for making it a raw file.

EDIT: i will be also making a colored version of this model if any one cares.

parts.zip
 Description:
Can you put him back together agen?

Download
 Filename:  parts.zip
 Filesize:  3.8 KB
 Downloaded:  385 Time(s)

Catalyst

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i seem to program much faster in turing and am still getting my feet wet in c++, also this program was spur of the moment today when i got home fromschool
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Catalyst wrote:
i seem to program much faster in turing and am still getting my feet wet in c++, also this program was spur of the moment today when i got home fromschool

that where some of the best progames come form Wink

i have made some pirty cool shit just spur of the moment, and that is the organle mean of hacker (some one who progames for fun).
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:01 am   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah c++ is hard...
oh and catalyst i think i can make a body shaped 3d model with separat body parts
i'm gonna start workin on it right now
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 3  [ 31 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: