Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 PROGRAM IDEA
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Boarder16

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:32 pm   Post subject: PROGRAM IDEA

Hey i am gettin bored and thinking of makign a turign program.. a useful one that pp lcan use.. i need sum ideas..not a gmae or a math related one ..but something.. maybe to organize sumthing i dunno but i need sumthing fun adn not to hard to do.. ican't do 3d. .well.. dun wanna but need an idea.. thanks
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You could do a graphical scientific calculator that calculates everything, including translating binary, hex and so on, you can look at my crappy basic calculator here:
http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=3452
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you could make a program that teachers you typing, you have exercises and then you have a pic of the keyboard and whatever key you are supposed to type it shows up. this is not that hard, but it could look awesome if yo udo it right.
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hehe GREAT! you can check out my keyboard animation here:
http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=3200
hehe, thanks jonos.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well if you want a "useful" program, I can't help you. Razz

However if you want a "fun" program, I'm your man Smile

Games are, naturally, the most fun program to make. However, Turing is not capable of making many games. Stick to the simple / classics.

The first game that I would recommend you do is pong. Not just a simple pong though. A really really cool pong with all sorts of different features.
ex. objects that float across the screen and when the ball touches them various things happen, such as the ball splits into three (3) balls!
If you don't want to do that... Click Here
Thuged_Out_G

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

maybe im the only one who noticed...but he made it pretty clear in his post he didnt want any "games" Naughty
Catalyst

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 10:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

a file sending program would be interesting
BlAcK TuRtLe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 3:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

For useful I would say try a word processor with the effects of word perfect. Like bold italic and if u think u can spellcheck.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

or you could do what someone last year in my school did, they basicly made windows in turing, had the windows layout, the taskbars, a word processing program, and a paint program. Oh, they also had a big disclaimer on how microsoft shouldn't sue them because they are just poor little kids with no money.
poly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

AsianSensation wrote:
or you could do what someone last year in my school did, they basicly made windows in turing, had the windows layout, the taskbars, a word processing program, and a paint program. Oh, they also had a big disclaimer on how microsoft shouldn't sue them because they are just poor little kids with no money.

hmm or why not just try to come up with an even better OS, instead of copying the taskbar etc, make your own cool thing up
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

its wasnt an actual os dude ,asians talking about a program that acts like an OS
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i guessed they just ripped the saved their desktop pics then drew it on again, but I guess if you want, you can customize and make your own "OS"
jonos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

haha, an os in turing. that would be crazy slow, i wouldn't even want to think how slow that would be, though it would still be cool. that would be awesome if a good one could be made, but i don't think a lot of programs would be able to be opened in a run windows.;
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

turing is not able ot make an os , you cant boot a turing file on a formatted hdd , if making an os were that easy everyone would do it , jsut llook at hte complexity of the original linux ( would say windows but no source for that ) turing dosent have hte command structure and it dosent work off the hardware of the computer , like other languages , an os in turing is not possible , the lanuage has no structure to do it
poly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

shorthair wrote:
its wasnt an actual os dude ,asians talking about a program that acts like an OS

yes i do know that! And i thought hed understand what i meant by saying that. Im lazy tonight and dont want to type out things that i think people will already know
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 17 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: