Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 pictures
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
nirt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 10:36 am   Post subject: pictures

hey iam making an RPG and i need a fast way to make some towns any ideas on what i should use?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 11:31 am   Post subject: (No subject)

look for a pic on the internet, save it, then import it into Turing using Pic.FileNew
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 12:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

fast way eh, to well if you don't want like random houses, then you COULD get one of those map editors, or make one, with already selected house tiles or w/e I dunno much about it, then you can like click on buildings and position them, and save it or w/e. But that would prolly be too complex. Depending on what kind of RPG your making.
nirt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
look for a pic on the internet, save it, then import it into Turing using Pic.FileNew

sorry but thats not what i want...
and i already no that pic.filenew stuff iam no noob in turing

and paul that is what i want but i can't seem to find a good place to get them from, or making them iam not that good at editing thins together

if anyone could give me a good site or editor i can use plz tell me it would really help
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well, I know you can find good tiles for buildings, land, characters for rpg from RPG maker 2003, but the site I got it from was shutdown, so if you have MSN, add paulbian@hotmail.com, and I'll send it to you or you can go look for it, its RPG maker 2003, made by Enterbrain Inc.
shorthair

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 7:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

why would you want 3d houses , when turing is a 2d output screen , you would have to play from isometric view , its so much faster ( you said you wanted it fast ) to make it like top down view and use pictures what look 3d ,
Mint

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 8:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Would it be possible to make a MMORPG in turing?
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 8:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

if by MMORPG you mean:
Massively-multiplayer online role-playing game
then I'll say turing is not made to make that kind of things.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mint

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 8:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Oh, ok thanks.
shorthair

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 8:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

its the online that wont work very well, its so poolr built you see the modules for the net commands are not able to really work with the hardware and software of the machine , their very basic , massive multiplayer games have their own net modules that are deep and complex
Mint

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 8:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Would it be more wise to go from turing to C++ or to VB?
recneps

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 8:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well VB is more for apps and stuff with buttons and such, so id say C, not knowing anything about C, and a fairly OK knowledge of VB Smile, However VB is VERY easy to learn Very Happy
Mint

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 8:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

shorthair wrote:
its the online that wont work very well, its so poolr built you see the modules for the net commands are not able to really work with the hardware and software of the machine , their very basic , massive multiplayer games have their own net modules that are deep and complex

I see, thanks for that clarification. Have you heard of any good open source MMORPG engines. I have one at the moment but it's just the basics, it would require much moding.
Mint

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 9:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

recneps wrote:
Well VB is more for apps and stuff with buttons and such, so id say C, not knowing anything about C, and a fairly OK knowledge of VB Smile, However VB is VERY easy to learn Very Happy

Thanks much, do you know of site or the like that would be able to help me learn VB? I think I'll learn that language first because the engine that I'm using is written in it.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 14 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: